Compound or Campus Accomodation for a single Female?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some advice as to where to stay when I come to jeddah at the end of Aug.

My employers will be giving me a 2083 SAR housing allowance pm, I've looked around online and it looks like it's a bit shy off getting me into a compound. I was wondering if anyone knew of individuals who are on compounds with a similar budget to mine.

The other option I have is to stay on campus and stay in the staff residence.

ANY information regarding housing in jeddah for a single Female would be much appreciated!

You will most likely have to find a room mate for that budget.

tealady92 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could get some advice as to where to stay when I come to jeddah at the end of Aug.

My employers will be giving me a 2083 SAR housing allowance pm, I've looked around online and it looks like it's a bit shy off getting me into a compound. I was wondering if anyone knew of individuals who are on compounds with a similar budget to mine.

The other option I have is to stay on campus and stay in the staff residence.

ANY information regarding housing in jeddah for a single Female would be much appreciated!

with that monthly allowance you may be able to rent an apartment with 3 rooms in some areas of Jeddah if you can live alone. Although owners rent buildings to only to families (no single men allowed to rent) but its still hard for a single woman to live alone here. You will be new to this country so go for the option of living in a staff residence or share with someone living in the compound.

Start of with the Campus staff residence for initial 2 to 3 months, so that you will be some idea regarding your work and residential areas around or nearby to your work location. Then you can relocate to an convenient location as transportation will also going to be a big headache for you being a single working women.

Best staff residence till you bring your caretaker male.... never heard of alone female.... please plan to bring your Shelter on priority if u can....

Thanks all! :)

@tealady : So It seems you landed here in jeddah. So how is your experience till now and where you have landed in staff residence or in a private one ! Please share your experience of how you settling here so that other would get advantage from your info.