Internship in Kualalumpur

Hi,

I am an Indian citizen, currently pursuing my Mba in German. I have obtained an BD internship in Malaysia. What would be an good Internship salary(since I haven't still had my salary negotiations with the HR) in KL to cover my basic expenses such as.. Accommodation, food, transport, 3-4 beers two or three times a week in a pub ? I cook pretty decent and will be eating dinner home 5 times a week.

Any suggestions, advise and support are very much welcome.
Thanks in advance :)

Difficult one as your aspirations are not very much as a student. Typically an internship would pay about RM1250 per month, but for that you would need to have a room in a shared condo at about RM500.

You could survive on the rest, but beer is horrifically expensive here i.e. RM20-25 a pint. You can buy tinned beer cheaper in some bottle shops for about RM8 large size and RM 5 for small.

Its hard to advise because its not sure what the company would normally pay. I think the maximum will probably be about RM1750.

If you take a look at the website internship.my you can see what the going rate is.

Gravitas, thanks a ton for the information... Really helpful.
If u know know any websites for flat share which u could recommend it would be awesome(I am doing my personal research on the web too). Also please recommend any decent and wallet friendly location to live, my  knowledge regarding KL is next to nil 😉

where is your internship taking place? You can check out flat shares at www.ibilik.my

Where is your internship taking place?
You can check out flat shares at www.ibilik.my
When I know your commuting possibilities I can let you know some areas to consider

Gravitas, Southgate Commercial Centre,  Jalan Dua Off Jalan Chan Sow Lin, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is the location. You have been really helpful appreciate it :)
Regards,
Chinmaya

http://www.ibilik.my/rooms?keywords=southgate

Apart from accommodation please be aware that you should not pay any money to undergo this internship.

If you asked to pay any money in advance of any kind it is probably a scam.

Don't forget you need to get the correct immigration status arranged (I guess you are not German), i.e. the company should apply for the pass on  your behalf and you should not pay for that.  It will be interesting to see if they qualify to offer you an internship.

Depending on your nationality what other immigration options might be available. But if Indian, it could entail you leaving the country every 30 days and not be able to return immediately.

Word of warning - don't mess with immigration and get the proper status to avoid ending up in a detention centre and being deported.  Added to immigration problems you could also encounter income tax issues as well for an unregistered "internship".