New members of the South Korea forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the South Korea forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in South Korea if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the South Korea forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi i'm seobie, i'm new here.
I want to find a job and move to Seoul.
Nice to meet y'all.
:)

Hi I'm Nicole, lived and studied in Cheonan, South Korea for 16 months. I loved it so much I want to find me a job and move to South Korea.

hi am steven can will be friends.

Hi Randy V,

Could you tell us more about yourself? Or even share your adventures, tips in South Korea?

Thank you

Stéphanie

hi, i'd like to study nd live in south korea.

Hello there Marmuk,

Welcome to Expat.com  :)

Maybe you could introduce yourself, so that members of the South Korea forum get acquainted to you  ;)

In which region of south Korea would you like to study and live ?

Cheers,
Bhavna

Originally from Korea. Lived in Canada for 15 years and am back for a bit!

I'm in Ulsan, looking to make friends.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Hello good morning,
I am Christie. I am from the Philippines and am currently residing in South Korea for 4 years. I am now in Pohang city.

actually i want to study in korea but universities there are so expensive

Hi there
I am Michalis from Greece
I will arrive in Daejeon in a couple of weeks
Having an initial 2 year contract as professor in Woosong University. I am looking forward to be networked with other Expats in the area
Nice to hear from you

Best regards
Michalis

Hi there!

I am Andy and just moved to Korea. Unfortunately, it seems, all expats are in Seoul.... I am in Busan.
Anyway, still settling down here and try to cope with the new challanges. I lived in Kong Kong, Saudi, Japan, China, India and UAE, but here it is again somewhat different.

Nice weekend to all and see you around!

Cheers, Andy

Hello, I'm Eugene and have been in Seoul since July. Previously lived and worked in Europe (prior to Seoul, was in London, and before that was in Bucharest).
Hope to meet some new friends for fun activities, whether expats or locals!
Also, would be great if anyone knows where there's a squash court here or if anyone here plays! Cheers!

Hello I am newbie here.
I stayed in Seoul for 15 months from 2013 to 2014 and just back to Hong Kong.
Really miss those days in Seoul and thinking if I ll move to Korea one day as my boyfriend is right there.
I wonder if I can teach Cantonese in Korea and anyone is interested in learning this interesting language that commonly used in Hong Kong.
NICE TO MEET U ALL!

Hello, I'm Kath and I'm newbie here. Previously lived in Philippines...and soon will study Korean language in busan in September...
Hope to meet some new friends and looking forward to network with other expat here. After my schooling I really want to find a job and explore Korea more.😉

welcome :)  i was work in General santos- Maasim for last two years nice place

Hello!

I'm Steph, moving to Seoul in the next two weeks and teaching in Nowon-gu at the Topia Academy. :)

hi,
i'm a korean native who returned home after living in the u.s. for a while.
i stayed in seoul for a bit, and now i live in incheon.
i enjoy eating ethnic food.
i recently found an awesome mexican restaurant in downtown, and i'm hoping to find more - thai, vietnamese, turkish,..

Hi all, native korean but just came back here to work and live. Looking for friends preferably girls that i can hang out with. Still new to Korea. Currently living in Seoul!  :D
I love shopping and trying out great foods!

Hello! nice to meet you! I am planning on moving to Seoul, South Korea next year to study design, any other people here who want to do the same or is already there? :)

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of external links not allowed on the forum.

I am living in Seoul but would love to see Busan at some point!

Hello friends my name is sheyhan. I am currently living in Bulgaria. I just graduated from university. I am looking for a job in Seoul any kind of I don't care and a place to stay. I have been trying for months without result. Happy if someone helps. My email is [email protected]!- facebook Mimi pedd

Hii! The same here.. I am from Portugal and i would love to study Design in Korea but i don't know anything about the education system there and i think the prices are so high..  :(

Hi my name is Juliana from Ghana, I have been in Seoul for 3 weeks and I am loving it, I am going to be here for one year. I had a cultural shock with the way the women dressed in very tiny clothes, but I am over thay shock now. I will love to meet new people leaving in Seoul, Busan, Encheon or Jeju Island. I will also love to explore other ares of South Korean culture. Looking forward to making great friends from this forum. Thank you.
Best Regards
Julians

Hello, I am sally from china, i live with my family in Ulsan now, hope to meet freinds here, :)
i want to find a yoga class & leaning korean class , appreaciate if someone can give some information.

Hello all!
My name is Halle and I'll be in Yangju to teach for a year starting in September. Super excited - busy getting my visa documents ready (what a headache!). Nice to meet everyone! Anyone from the Yangju area?

Hello everybody :) i'm rania and i'm a k-pop fan and i'm so sooooo interested in korea ^^ my dream is to gi to korea , live there, study there .... i hope that i will find korean friends  and meet koreans  ^^ i really want toknow how is it to live in korea , is it hard for foreigners or not .?. A korean or from another country feel free to chat me , hope u will help by your experience 
See u all  ;) ..  thanks for reading  :D

If you ever go Busan, Can I tag along?  :D

Hello everybody :) my name is Greg and I am from France but actually I am living in Australia since one year and half. I would like to go in South Korea the next year(February 2016) at Seoul to do a WHV to learn the culture, learn Korean language and meet some new friends ! :-D
I am so impatient to go there and a little bit scared haha

Thanks for reading  :D

Greg

Hello everyone,

My name is Laura, I have been living in South Korea for just over a year now. My boyfriend and I landed August 2014. It has been a roller coaster ride of experiences, but things seem to be stabling out now! I used to live in Suwon, now I live in Seoul near Gangnam and I love it! (Nothing wrong with Suwon, it was awesome there as well!)

I am learning Korea, hard core study time, but it is difficult. I don't know how anyone can say learning a new language is "easy". It is not... especially when you are teaching English all day. That being said, I am an online English teacher for adults and kids. I love it! Sometimes I work at different companies but most of the time it is online. My boyfriend is a professional boxer here in Korea. He has been into martial arts since he was 4 years old. He has 2 black belts in taekwondo, one through WTF and one ITF. He has studied judo, karate, jiu jitsu and boxing. He is just starting his career as a professional fighter, having only taught others before, but he has been boxing for about 5 years now (maybe 6, I can't remember).

Anyways, thank you for reading and I would love to share some of our experiences.

Laura

Hello,
My name is elie tarabay, i came from lebanon but I consider the whole world to be my country, my goal is simple, travel the world, learn about different cultures, make friends all over the world, follow my heart and just be happy :)
I hold a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and even though i got a job opportunity in it, I'm seriously considering moving to south korea and getting a job as an English teacher there.
The help of anyone on this blog will be much appreciated.
Hopefully, you will be able to give the information needed to help me move to south korea, and if i'm lucky i'll get to make some new friends.
Thank you in advance
Peace and love.

Greetings Expats,
I'm past-expat but somehow feel like an expat now, this because my past is engraved with German culture and lifestyle that I feel like an expat. Hope to fill my life with more multicultural people again as I was used to in the past.
Also hope you guys can help me to escape my super boring life from sleep-work-home-sleep-work-home-etc. to add "fun" somewhere inbetween sleep-work-home.

Whatever you guys are going to do in Seoul, I'm in!

Hi,
I am moroccan lady passionnate about asian culture.
I lived aboard in an asian country and i want to discover others.
I plan to move to south Korea and i still confused about areas, all i know is Seoul but i am sure there are a lot of beautiful places to discover.
Feel free to contact me if you are expatriate and  you want to share your experience or if you are local and you want to tell me more about your country.
By the way i am also looking for a position ther as language teacher or in tourism so any network and help will be appreciated.
Cheers

Hello everybody
This is Subhi...I wish to work in  Seoul....I love to be in Korea.... Nice to meet u all... :)

Hi everyone,

I'm Uthay. I'm from Malaysia. I'm an engineer. Currently working and living in the Dong-gu, Ulsan, South Korea.

Nice to meet all of you. :)

Hi all ,
My name is Mohamed from Morocco and I lived in the philipines for over a year now , i ame back to morocco to visite my familly for a few weeks , my wok is based in the philipines but im also considiring visiting Korea and maybe stay there for a period of time , I would like to heard from people living there foreigners or locals welcome :)

Hi, I am Tien. Nice to meet you, guys.
I am new here, alone, too.
I am here for studying ( in 2 years ) - somewhere in Seoul  ( I don't know :( )
And I wanna learning Korean, having friends.
Contact me by : ++++  It's my pleasure to be your friend.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

heeey everbody, Moroccan here wanna enjoy life have fun, keep smiling :D
who wanna be My " Friend" ?????

Call me bro we be friends in there i mean seoul =)

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details + avoid multiple posting pls
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Closed