New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Hi all,

Newbie on the Morocco forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Morocco if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hiya! My name is Lauren and I am moving to Casablanca for a teaching position.
I am kind of nomadic in my work and living over the past 5 years starting in the United States and now looking for my next adventure. What advice is there for people who are completely new to Morocco? (Local mores, best neighborhoods to live, where to hang out, must see locations, (on the flip side) must AVOID locations, etc.)

Hello, I am 39, a Moroccan woman, I have graduated from Ecole Normal Supérieure-Rabat (got a TEFL BA) and looking for Americans to chat with so i can develop my English. Thanks for every individual who is willing to have conversations with me. in return, I can help with any information you want about Morocco.

Hello hello ! My name is Gavi and I've become interested in learning the language of Darija. (Yes I know Standard Arabic is better but I'm not interested in that) since I'm thinking of going to visit Morocco (again) and maybe even living there. I've visted before but whoa everything the people said went over my head !😢😬 thankfully they spoke Spanish and English hahaha but I'm new here And I'm serious about learning the language and customs of Morocco and I'm not 100% sure where to start or where to post for help. I've tried on my own (still trying!) But i noticed a lot of the stuff online has doesn't include audio so I'm sure I'm pronouncing everything wrong Hahahahaha if you guys van point me in the right direction that would be epic! :) shokran bzzaf!!

If living there doesn't work out for you, or for whatever reasons you decide not to, then you would have learnt a useless language that you won't benefit from. Many of them speak Arabic, so I don't see why you don't learn that instead, which is far more beneficial, needless to say.

Hello I'm from England , thinking of moving to Morocco but not sure which city to settle in. I am currently in West Yorkshire.
Looking to work in the ICT/Mobile sector.

Hi!
My wife teaches English as a language at the Rabat American School and we are trying to meet people and get to know the country. We live in Agdal. Let's meet up sometime at a cafe.
Nate and Jessica

Hi! I would like to watch the Community Shield football match between Arsenal and Chelsea this Sunday and would like to find a regular place to watch English Premier league matches. Any recommendations?
Cheers!

HI all, i'm albern! I'm from the caribbean island Dominica but have been in morocco for about 4 years now. I have also lived in london england for a bit, most of my family live there. My accent varies from midwestern to british. I've learnt alot since coming to morocco. Very peaceful country although there is a bit of danger of getting rubbed on buses etc, but again there is bad people everywhere! Ooverall morocco is great!

Hello! I'm looking for a place in Morocco to live with my daughter and my dog, where we can find a new life after I lost my husband. She's still young enough to not really remember, so I'm hoping a new place will give her the opportunity she needs to grow up without his shadow draining the color from her life.

hello! i'm hamza from casablanca looking to meet new people from different cultures ,so if any one interested just drope a msg . cheers

i live in casablana. im a student of english studies i want to meet poeple i think we can help each other

Hi I will go to Morocco soon with my 2 kids,
looking to find new friends...

Hello Ajones, I'm sorry for the loss of your husband...
I'm getting divorced and trying to go back to morocco, my original country, taking my 2 kids and still not sure where I will live but my heart choses the north of Morocco, it's such a happy place with nice weather, though most of morocco has a good wheather, and also the fresh fruits and vegetables..
life in Meknes and fes is cheaper, but tangiers and tetwan are just amazing.
feel free to write me here :

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum.

Hi Hamza...

Hello! This is Amine from Tangier. If someone want to meet and have some coffee let me know. I want to meet new people

Hi Amine..I'm right now in Indonesia :) but looking for friends from Moroccan culture...

Hi people!

I am Adina, currently living in Romania, Transylvania.I plan that in few years for moving in Casablanca or surroundings for spending winters there.I love to run every day , so I guess will be a good idea to spend the winter with a pullover in the warm Africa...but that's depend in a quality of life , and I am here mostly to see the tips for living there :)
Any advice is welcome!

Hello Adina,
I wish you welcome to Morocco.
I am sure that life here will please you
I am ready to help you willingly.
Here are my coordinates:

Thank you Lamartin,

do you think a conversation on mail will be fruitful ?
In this case I will be pleased to wrote you!

tnx
Adina :idontagree:

Hello Adina,

You can consider me as a true friend and I will be happy to help you.
I await your email.
have a nice day

Hi everybody
My name is Mohamed  32 years old from Morocco. I'm living in Rabat. I'm looking for new friends anywhere in the world who want come to Morocco and to explore it
You are welcome. :cheers:

Hi Lauren,
  First, I wish you Welcome to Morocco.
you can vivtre quietly in Morocco. it is a country of diversity.
I advise you to avoid neighborhoods of Casablanca.

there are modern neighborhoods where you can live well as Ain Sebaa, Oulfa, Maarif

Anyway, I'm willing to help you but I do not speak English very well.

Here is my e-mail : [email protected]

Hello Nadia
You are welcome in Morocco

Hi
There is many places are safe for you and for your daughter

Hi Lauren
You are welcome to Morocco and especially in casablanca, I think that you'll not feel any different between casablanca and your town because casablanca is very beautiful and very progressed you can feel as like in Europe, and the people are very nice and helpful, you can hangout in the night to ain-dyab and many places, the area is safe.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : please do not share phone numbers on the forum.

Hey im a new member arriving in Casa blanca. Im an interior decorator. .would like know the housing situation.want to look out for..be aware!! Would like to rent a 3 bedroom . 3washroom..furnished apt for one year..Racine..gauthier.area.Maarif area.. any help would be appreciated do not want to pay commission to real estate agent..your experiences please  Brenda

Hi there,
As a French student, I was lucky enough to live in many countries like USA, Gabon or India but I decided to settle in Marrakesh 2 years ago. Next september, I ll move to Casablanca for a new job as a science teacher. I am currently looking for a flateshare in the area : Bourgogne, Racine or Gauthier. Any advice will be welcome!
Have a great day!

I can help you speak english well can you help me speak french too? :)

Hii,

I'm a fashiondesigner from Belgium and I just moved to Marrakech for some new adventure! At the moment I'm looking for a room or place to stay for a while, if anybody has tips, let me know!

Laurence

Hey miss i'm Oualid from Morocco, i saw your post and i'm glad to help you if you accept

BR

Hey Adina i wish you're doing well :) I saw your post
i'm Oualid from casablanca i wish we could be friends and help you while you're still new in the city

BR
Oualid

Hi all !

I am Mehdi, 25, Software Engineer. I was born in Paris, lived few years in London and now going back to my home country to look for new opportunities. I currently am in Tangier and looking to meet new people over a drink :-)

Let's meet !

Back to your country for good?  How is the opportunities in that sector?

I wouldn't say that I am back for good. I am kind of prospecting and trying to see if it is possible to live with my "own" people.

I have applied to few adverts in my field, however had no replies yet despite my experience and education... I don't know what to think about that, maybe it's just the holidays.

I thought maghrebi people are all over france. And that people tend to move away from morocco to the west for work/better salaries and opportunities. So I do find it interesting why someone would want to move in the opposite direction when many of his own people would love to swap places. I'm assuming it's to do with the rising racism/intolerance here in the west. Good luck.

Yes, I am a bit tired to not feel at home everywhere I go...  And my own country isn't doing any better at the moment in that department.

I can relate to that. I went back home, and I didn't manage to settle in. I then tried your country (because of similar culture/religion/language/location), and also had the same problem. As soon as they found out I'm British, I get treated differently, such as someone tries to take advantage and use me. It was hard to find genuine, honest, and real people willing to help. And obviously the difficulty for non-Moroccan foreigners to find decent jobs there (Anapec organisation). So all in all, it wasn't a pleasant experience. I am settled here, but want a change from being a 2nd/3rd-class citizen. Sadly even in my own country and other Muslim countries I'm having the same problem. I guess I just have to accept the situation.

Yeah that's the conclusion I came to : just live with it. We are the rootless ever-wandering generation. We should turn it into an advantage, after all we have the ability to adapt to many situations, speak many languages, handle cultural differences and so on.

Mehdi Paris wrote:

Yeah that's the conclusion I came to : just live with it. We are the rootless ever-wandering generation. We should turn it into an advantage, after all we have the ability to adapt to many situations, speak many languages, handle cultural differences and so on.

Indeed. Also the benefit of having dual-nationality means we can pick and choose where we want to live. Go wherever opportunity arises. Unlike our people who are stuck and have to live in conditions they may not like. Which I guess is one of the reasons they detest me. That I come to "steal" their jobs, as I have the freedom of movement that they don't enjoy. But that's not my fault that I'm born here, and I'm not stopping them from getting a visa. So I don't understand the resentment. I'm not coming to take their jobs from them, or feel superior to them in any way. I just simply want to live in a country where I'm tolerated and feel more at home. That's all I want. But some of them don't seem to get that, and judge me negatively, intentionally making it hard for me to settle there.

Closed