New members of the Dominican Republic forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015

Thanks for the reassuring words, I will reach out again when needed.

planner wrote:

Jeff lots of that is covered in various threads.  Good quality care is available and insurance is inexpensive

If one has passed sixty five insurance is not available at all that I can find> I've had several say the contrary, but can never send me a link to such insurance, but all the different agenst I have asked have said the same thing.

Jeff welcome.  Yes read all the threads and feel free to ask away.  Lots of good folks here

We have been here full time on the  north coast for over 9 years and have not looked back for a second.  However remember the DR is not for everyone and you should spend some time here renting and seeing if it "fits" for you before you buy anything.

As to golf there is a card you can get when you are here called the Faldo card.  It gives you free rounds once a year at many clubs around the country and discounts on rounds all year long.  Still figure on $50 or more a round.

Insurance is easy to get but as DingoElGringo stated over 65 you won't be able to. 

Hope some of this helps and please do come back with questions.

Bob K

Thanks Bob,

How do I get into the past threads?  Is there an index or menu?

Go here:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=234

my name is stephane and i speak french i live in the dominicN republic i speak english and creole also

stephlo wrote:

my name is stephane and i speak french i live in the dominicN republic i speak english and creole also

Hi Steph. Spanish helps more than the rest!

yes , i planing to learn spanish here and thank you

Welcome to the forums!  What brought you here?

i'm going to university in bogota ,i'm waiting for the processus here . And i think i can work a litle to make some money to pay the rent and for the food

stephlo Welcome

What are you studying and do you plan on returning to the DR when your studies are complete?

Bob K

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529737

Thanks!

Closed