Mid-academic year move (January 2016) for family w/2 y/o and 4 y/o

Hi everyone,
I've read through all the threads on schools and good family neighborhoods and am really appreciative to those who have shared so much valuable information. Our current ideas for location are Woluwe Saint Lambert, Ixelles and Etterbeek. I realize Ixelles is very challenging to get into school-wise but we have personal reasons for wanting to live there. Either way, we will find schools first and then choose a place to live. I have 2 questions.

1) We're making a move mid-academic year (Jan 2016) with 2 boys (4 and 2 years old.) The younger would be eligible for 1st maternelle in September 2016 and I am hoping to get them in the same school. (public, french system). I realise each school you need to make a separate application but most schools have only a telephone number and fax online [- do I need to call them all or is there a way to get e-mails for them? (I do speak French so calling is ok, just tiresome!)

2)  In the meantime [Jan - Sep 2016] I am looking for a pre-school/garderie/maternelle situation for them (I am assuming it will likely be private and hope for either French or bi-lingual Eng/Fre that will allow them an 'easy' transition to French (more for the older one) . I have found a few creches for the young one but was really hoping to have them together at the same place...  I will be at home at first but looking for work - (have worked in Brussels before) so the first 6 months does not have to be full-time care/schooling.

Thank you for your help in advance!

It's going to depend on which school, whether you can get a place or not. If you really want Ixelles, well then first of all it is a very big diverse commune, it's going to depend on whether north middle or south. Yes you have to keep phoning, emailing less successful. But if you want Ixelles, you're making your task far harder than other areas. Further east and south of centre, easier it becomes for school places. Mid year, tons harder.

If you want to solve the mid year issue, then choose Agnes school, live somewhere termporary, apply September BEFORE arriving for September 2016 places elsewhere, then finally move permanently September 2016.