Riyadh - Best non compound area to stay

Hi

I will be moving to Riyadh in 3 months time, and looking for an area to live in. 

My criteria are:

- Non compound (we would prefer living with locals - we're practising muslims of Pakistani ethnicity but brought up in UK).
- budget: would like to spend 40-60 thousand SAR per year but could spend more (I know compounds cost WAY more)
- 3 bedrooms
- don't mind whether apartment or villa - but would like a terrace/roof/some form of outside space.
- ideally near a park/somewhere you can walk (I know there are not many in Riyadh)
- near shops.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

rere

The best non compound areas are
Rawabi,
Rawdah
Rayyan
Sulaimania
Olaya

There are many more it also depends on your work location. The areas which I have mentioned above have few good family parks and many malls around them.

try diriyah rere... its on the west of riyadh. calm & quite place. the rentals are reasonable also.... just 15 minutes drive to the city center...

Thanks for the replies.

I will be working at KAFD. Apologies should have mentioned that. Would that change your view?

I think the gurnata area is good for you
It near to the gurnata mall and it is on the exit 8
It is has garden with tracks for walking.
If you want telephones for hotel apartments there, tell me

Thanks for the reply.

If you have hotel apartment names and numbers that would be appreciated.  Also, what would be the approximate price?

Also, what would be the prices for nice 3 bedroom apartments in that area?

Thanks

Rere

Yes , i have lived in hotelsuites there was very very nice
It is smal hotel and reception there was very cooperative and has very clean rooms with nice design
Its name is rofan hotelsuites
But I think they have 2 rooms appartment and one room appartment
If you want to see it, its account in instagram @rofanhotel
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to ask me

try riffa too,u may love it

Would keep the recommendations in mind. I guess housing does depend on a lot of factors, nobody can have the best of everything.

I would be looking for :

1. Reasonably secure and mid-scale location.
2. Relative proximity to work location. / Children's School / Hospitals / Marketplace.
3. Easy access and availability of public transport in vicinity.
4. Preferably Villa , apartment can also be considered.

Any suggestions. And just for knowledge , what is the cheapest starting rent for getting a decent accommodation in a compound.

Thanks.

Maa shaa Allaah akhi! I am in exact the same situation. Only thing is that I want to live in a villa. For the rest, we have the same criteria and requirements. May Allaah ease it!

By the way, I will be moving in August.

And what I heard from friends there is that the best way to go forward, is to contact real estate agents. Each neighboorhood has some offices, where they can help you out. The prices are much cheaper than the rental possibilities online.

What I will be doing is renting a furnished apartment for the first month or 2 months. And in the meanwhile search with my wife until we find something that matches our needs.

If anyone knows some furnished apartments that are relatively cheap, but clean for short term rental please let me know.