Close

Job Opportunities for Sofia

oooh don't listen to these, always looking for new slaves in the call centres ...

Hi all.  I am a professional from South Africa looking for office job in any major city in Bulgaria. I do not speak Bulgarian, but busy learning. Cheers. Mariza Pieters

Hi Mariza,
Since SA is not an EU country, you will need an employer's invitation (probably the so-called blue card).
You can send your CV to various recruiting agencies, such as:
manpower (dot) bg
modis-ito (dot) com
teletech (dot) bg
and others,
I will send you a link of a job search engine, with selected ads from talent recruiting agencies only, in a priv. message, with your permission.
I have friends from SA, so I feel connected to this country, without (still) having been there :)

Hi.  Thanks for your support.  It is much appreciated.  We have send 1 or 2 in past month but they said we have to be in country to get.  Frustrating.  We will try again with your search engines as like you say we need to be invited. We need a work permit to get a D visa. I am an attorney with a business degree and my husband a Master Electrician.  Once again thank you.  Cheers

No problem.
They are lazy. But I'll tell you a secret: they can't find enough employees so they will be forced to do the bureaucracy and search outside of EU. With the end of the crisis in Western Europe, more and more people leave for better paid jobs there, so Bulgarian employers are forced to look for alternatives.
Also depends on the sector. This year the govt has liberalized the procedures, and is about to liberalize them again. And the presence of nationalists in the government means they are trying to avoid the "engineers" and "doctors" from the Middle East :)

Hi.  Thanks for the encouragement.  Will keep on looking.  Even if have to work in call center. Cheers

Expatriate health insurance in Sofia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Sofia

Moving to Sofia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Sofia

Travel insurance in Sofia

Enjoy stress-free travel to Sofia