Living in Malta - How to get employment + Medical Benefits?

I was wondering if anybody could advise me as to living in Malta and what are the requirements to gain employment, and if possible any medical benefits

to start i would read the posts at the top of the forum the sticky ones that explains everything you need to know

i have read as you suggested and it would appear that as a british citizen i would not have too many problems in relocating to Malta
At present i am self employed in the plumbing business and was wondering as to the employment opportunities in that line, manly residential. Is there a good supply of plumbing equipment available !
It seems like medical cover won't be a problem at all, but are there any other benefits that i may apply for whilst seeking employment

you can still get JSA here for the first 3months as long as you tell the employment service in uk and do the forms before you leave and then register for work here within  7 days of arrival..

thanks, i do not live in the UK but am a british citizen, would that still entitle me to JSA and must i register first before going to Malta

you need to be registered before arriving in malta so if your not in the uk you wouldnt be elligible

Thanks so I should go to UK first register and then go ?

am not sure that would work but its worth a punt.. but then saying that is it worth doing that in terms of flights etc when all you would gain is 13 weeks benefit...at maybe £60-70 per week assuming its actually possible in your current circumstances and there may even be restrictions in place such as how long you have been looking for work in UK...

one thing is for sure you get nowt by way of benefits in Malta for at least 50 weeks - and thats only if youve worked and paid in to their system....

New or recently returned to the UK
this is the eligibiltiy requirement for jsa in the uk ;
You may be able to get income-based JSA if you can prove you've been living in the UK, the Isle of Man, the Republic of Ireland or the Channel Islands for 3 months before you claim, and you're either:

a UK national who's recently returned from abroad and you haven't worked since coming back
    an EEA national

more details here

https://www.gov.uk/jobseekers-allowance/overview