Relocation to KL with Pets and other questions

Hi
We're about to relocate to KL I was just wondering about the pet situation! We have 2 dogs & 3 cats. Does anyone know what the import / quarantine regulations are like?

In addition what areas in KL would one think are more suitable with a pet 'family' on the housing side. I will be working in the Towers. I can put up with an hour home drive (when the traffic is bad) or 30-40min normal commute

How much are maids and drivers typically paid?

And imported foods expensive? To be honest that includes wine! 

Many thanks

Hello and welcome to Expat.com, Lottiedog :)

Regarding your pets, I think you should ask your own veterinary as usually they know about regulations for importing pets in various countries (I tried to find out on Malaysia's official websites but unfortunately the links to the relevant pages seem to be broken :().

For your other points, I'm sure fellow members in Kuala Lumpur will soon respond to them.

Good luck with your moving :)

Hello Lottiedog,

Welcome to Malaysia. Usually, expat would like to live in expat area such as KLCC, Damansara Heights, Bangsar,Mont Kiara Ampang Hilir and many other places. But it's all depend on what type of house you want.

Example KLCC & Mont Kiara are area of high rise building aparments, condos;
Damansara Height, Kenny Hills are the area for those looking for very serene & greens environment.
All these area located within your traveling time.
For maids & driver, you should check out with maids agency. Some can go as low as RM 500per month, some other can go as high as thousands per month. Depends on their capability, skills. Philipinos usually much more expensive.

Hopes it helps you a litle bit.hehe

I dont really keep track this forum. Thus, if you want to contact me, better through my email:
[email protected]