Safety in Azerbaijan

Hi,

We would like to talk about a sensitive but important topic: do you feel safe in Azerbaijan?

How would you define the level of safety in the country?

Can you walk safely during the day and at night without any fear?

Do you think there is a high rate of criminality, social problems or tensions?

Share with us your insight on safety in Azerbaijan and in the city you live in.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Hi, I feel absolutely safe in Baku - I dont know about the rest of Azerbaijan.
I am a single UK female and have never had a problem here.

Hi, I am from Azerbaijan I live in Baku city, here is very quietly and any time can go outside and it is not problem . And all around in Baku video cam and from another countries come here very much people to visit and I didn't heard from somebody has problem with crime, sorry.

How would you define the level of safety in the country?  This is getting worse 5 out of 10

Can you walk safely during the day and at night without any fear? During Day is ok at Nigh i do not walk about. I always catch a taxi for even the shortest trip and only London cabs anything else is not safe.

Do you think there is a high rate of criminality, social problems or tensions? This is getting worse.

Share with us your insight on safety in Azerbaijan and in the city you live in.

I live in Baku. I think this is getting worse especially police are very open to corruption. Trying to get expats arrested with the help of working girls and unlicensed Taxi drivers so they can exploit them threatening them with deportation if they do not pay bribes.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of external links not allowed.

It is safe if you are Local National if an expat wonders away from Fountain square they get abuse shouted at them, Pushed and robbed.