Annualment of mariage - how long can it take and how much?

hi..good day..im here in uae.and i have boyfriend 3years almost..but im still married in my ex husband.how can i file annualment here in uae?how long the processing??how much will it cost??thank you

gracepearlmontana wrote:

hi..good day..im here in uae.and i have boyfriend 3years almost..but im still married in my ex husband.how can i file annualment here in uae?how long the processing??how much will it cost??thank you

I have read that an Annulment can take 2 to 5 years.  And it needs to be done in the Philippines, if the marriage took place in the Philippines.  You can get a local lawyer to do most of the work.

I know of one person that took almost 2 years I think from memory, and spent about 200,000 pesos plus travel costs to return to the Philippines for one hearing.

I was reading one website that gave an indication of nearer 400,000 pesos for a case that wasn't totally straightforward.

Do you have clear grounds for an Annulment?

According Article 45 of The Family Code of the Philippines, there are 6 legal grounds for the annulment of a marriage:

A marriage may be annulled for any of the following causes, existing at the time of the marriage:

Lack of parental consent (if either party is at least 18 but below 21 years old)
Psychological incapacity
Fraud
Consent for marriage obtained by force, intimidation, or undue influence
Impotence / physical incapability of consummating the marriage
Serious sexually transmitted disease