Expat Visa

Hello all,

Good evening, I'm new to this forum. I have certain questions below:

1. I'm planning to get a expat visa for Malaysia. How do I? My friend has a company there can he file a expat visa for me? how does this work?
2. I'm getting some offers to work in Malaysia. But the company is not ready to process my work visa, why so? They say if you have a valid work visa we can process your application further.

Please guide.

Thanks

A job offer is required to get an employment pass for a foreigner. Not all companies can hire foreigners because their corporate structure is not adequate or under the quota system, they already have the maximum number of foreigners.

The companies that say they can hire you if you already have an EP are just time wasters, because EPs are not transferrable. The EP has to be changed if employed by another company.

However, foreigners who are married to Malaysians have a different system and what companies can accept is a Long Term Social Visit Pass based on the marriage which has been endorsed with permission to work. In this case the endorsement is valid until the end of the LTSVP.