Business Visa Consultants

Hi Guys,

I am an Australian Citizen and I am planning to start a business in Kuala Lumpur. Any one knows any business Visa consultants ?

Thanks

Raj

http://malaysiabizadvisory.com/

sorry, this is nothing regarding visa, what business u r into? any plans for india?

You asked for someone to help you get a business visa so you could operate a company in Malaysia? This is just one of many Company Secretarial firms that help you set up a business.

You have to set up a business to operate a company here and get immigration status that allows you to stay.

Try looking at the right hand column as there are some other categories to help you.

The different business categories are 100% foreign owned, joint ownership with Malaysian(s) or Branch of an existing company (2 years old at least).

Once you have a company you can apply for a visa to allow you to stay in Malaysia and operate the business.

If you actually want to get an employment pass then you would require a job offer from a company registered in Malaysia that is authorised to hire foreigners.

I am an American and I would to set up  a company in Malaysia. I have a few questions;
What is the process?
How long it takes to set up a company? How much it costs?
Can I work from home?
Do I have to hire staff or emlpyees in the first year? And
Is there a requirement for investment in Malaysia?
By the way, I am a consultant in organizational development. Thanks!!

THE FOLLOWING IS WHAT IT TAKES FOR 100% OWNED COMPANY

What is the process? SEE LINK ABOVE FOR DETAILS AND PROBLEMS
How long it takes to set up a company? DEPENDS ON CAPITAL DEPOSITED AND LICENCES APPLIED FOR
How much it costs? YOU NEED PAID UP CAPITAL OF MINIMUM RM1 MILLION
Can I work from home? YOU NEED AN OFFICE SPACE WITH A DOOR TO PUBLIC AREA
Do I have to hire staff or emlpyees in the first year? YES THERE ARE RATIOS (YOU NEED MIN. 2 DIRECTORS)
Is there a requirement for investment in Malaysia? SEE ABOVE RE PAID-UP CAPITAL

CONSULTANCY CATEGORY
You would need to enquire whether your line of business qualifies under this. If so the paid up capital is RM500k

COMPANY WITH MALAYSIAN DIRECTORS
Risky - probably no immigration to remain in Malaysia will be granted - paid up capital about RM350-400k

REGIONAL OFFICE
Only applicable if you already have owned a company elsewhere for 2 years

LABUAN OFFSHORE COMPANY
You get immigration status but cannot trade or run the business in Malaysian Ringgit - all transactions except office and staff, etc have to be in other currencies.

ALL BUSINESSES HAVE TO APPLY FOR GST REGISTRATION

SET-UP FEES - Ask a Company Secretary (You have to have a Malaysian CS and they charge for everything)

Gravitas,

Thanks for your information!!

Alex

Hey I am starting a Bistro here and have also formed the company Sdn bhd with the joint ownership with a Malaysian partnership. Whichever agent I have called they said they only deal in Malaysia your second home or pertaining to Labuan International Companies.

eg email by an agent:
..............................................................................................................................................
Dear Raj,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your nature of business requires the registration of a Sdn Bhd, a private limited company in Malaysia. We regrettably no longer assist with matters pertaining to private limited companies because of the difficulty in obtaining the foreign ownership licenses, the opening of bank accounts and the application of visas.

We are at the moment only providing services pertaining to Labuan International Companies.

malaysiabizadvisory.com/advantages-registering-malaysia-labuan-company/

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Global Consultant
........................................................................................................................................................

So now my question to anyone here is. Does anyone knows anyone who can help me apply for business visa related to Sdn Bhd company ?

Thanks a lot

You should have a Company Secretary to arrange a Sdn Bhd company set up. They can advise you.

You have to put in the paid up Capital stated in the agreement before the business can open and before you can apply for an employment pass (what you call a business visa). Unless you personally put up a substantial amount of money, no pass is actually issued.

If you just bought a shelf company it means nothing and is worthless.

The extract you gave is very informative of the current climate i.e. agents and company secretaries are giving up on Sdn Bhd companies with foreigners as owners, as they run into too many problems nowadays.