St. Olav's Way

Hi,

My name is Femke, 36 years old and I'm new here  :top:

All my life I have a weakness for Norway. Lucky for me my husband as well. We've been there twice in one year, in the summer and winter. This was a few years back in the southern part and that's it. I really like to go more often and living there in the future. With a app I'm learning the language a bit more, day by day. But attending a course is in my schedule.

I came across the St. Olav's Way a while ago. And I came up with the idea to walk this pilgrim route. I was wondering if there are others, who walked this route or planning to.

I'd love to hear experiences and tips about accommodation, what to take a long.

Love to hear from you!

Regards,
Femke

My name is Nicholas tamakloe living in Ghana (Africa). I want to come to Norway and work and be going to school so dat i can lean d language. Dat is y i want somebody to help me

Heï, Heï Femke !
I saw your "intro" and realise I didn't write ....mine, I guess !!!
I begun to take part to a blog as soon as I got the "green light" from Julien the founder of this site.
I gonna do my best and send a few info about me and my projects in norway, in a close future.
Anyway : did yu notice yu didn't said where ( in which city, I mean) yu and your husband are living. Other details (about job or environment) maybe ? or projects ?

Best regards - J-Ch Foster-Ehlé

Lots of spam you got as answers it seems ...

Anyway, you have the choice to camp along the road as many do, or here you have a lot of suggestions for accomodations
http://pilegrimsleden.no/en/plan/overnattingssteder
Some are expensive, some are rather cheap, depending what you are looking for. I did a big part of it but I have been only camping or using the DnT hytte close to the way

A

Oh, sorry  :lol:

My husband and I are living  with our two children in the Netherlands, a small town called Hallum ( In the frisian part, up north )

I've got a huge interest in Whisky and Social Media. I am a Webcare employee at PostNL. PostNL is the postal agency of the Netherlands.  I work with twitter, facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Postcrossing and there is a part trend-watching.

Next to this job, I maintain my own WhiskyBlog ( whiskygirl.nl )where I share my whisky findings.

We as a family would love to live in Norway in the future.

Fine !
I thought reading quickly your answer I made a mistake about one of your interest ... Hobby and business  in fact : talkin' about whisky. Then, I saw your website and understand I didn't.
Have no knowledges about the subject. Neither my ancestors ( Irish & Scott !) were for sure, good "connaisseurs" / "amateurs" and consumers.
My brothers are ! Also for cigars ... but this comes probably because of their "american way of life", I guess - But, I don't...
Good luck for your settlement
So long.

It's enjoyable :)

You live in Norway? Or planning to?

Well, I lived a few months in Oslo  - then in Sweden ( göteborg) - ( that's why I learned both bokmal and svensk) - But, I was not really prepared for ...my migration. I guess.
Norway I knew a long time ago... changed ! a lot... american way of life and ... how could I say it ? "modernisation" ? - Purposes / targets  of life are different nowadays. Everything is going faster and superficiality / rapidity becomes the rule. "Entertainment" is the most important part of life actually.
Well, I'd rather say this is another subject , in fact : maybe (probably !) too "philosophical" and personal point of vue. I'm living in France and got same view about my "brotherhoods". That's why I'm looking for a very very quiet place 1) to work on my own,, 2) get pleasure to live, 3) meet very "selected" people , 4) build a house ( I was building surveyor & conductor on site-building on warehauses and offices building in Paris, but then I specialized with so-called "green-building" zero-energy conception ...as you probably saw in Holland or danmark) - and ... and 5) listening the "murmur" ... the "rumour" of the world. Take some distance with agressivity it shows more and more; and far away from the agitation / shaking permanent movement of most the people around me loosing their references / marks.
"Light" (being -) is trully "in ze mood". No continuum, no roots - spontaneity and instantaneousness ! heavy weight for a civilisation as ours coming & settled on centuries of deep and hard fights / thoughts & discussions. I'll had to face this, and manage it ...as far as I can make compromise. Be more flexible and docile I was never in my life.
Well, then I came back in France a year ago but planned to come back.
Actually, I am in search of "solutions" ( home - job to begin before setting mine free - relations  to offer my own skills and ... to ask help from others when necessary) - But It's not easy. That's why I tried this site for "expat" and I saw many things through several forums I read which encourage me to go on. Some of the people actually in Norway seem to give real good advices. Those who are there for a long time or who were able to get a large and good appreciation of the "norwish way of life". However, i didn't loose may time ! My  project will take good benefit of their reading and my next questions I'm preparing actually. I follow other "sources" like this ( Finn.no for ex.) and a lot others...on net.
So long Fremke - Best regard to your whole family.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No promotion of external links, groups or blogs on the forum please.

Nice !
I'll have a look.
Always interesting, reading about new experienced people...
ha det bra , Femke !