Working and Living in Arusha-Tanzania

hi i have just moved to arusha.   i have a job working for a company based near Olasiti and i am looking for somewhere to live.   I am keen to get into activities in arusha like sculpting, fitness, walking and i would like to meet some other expats. also i would love to know thoughts from people about buying, hiring cars or just using taxis to start with -what is the best option?  i have quite a small budget having been working for a charity in uganda for the last year..  looking forward to hearing from other bloggers out there!

Hi there,

I've been offered a job at a lodge in Arusha and am really confused to whether it would be worth it or not to make the move. I live in Abu Dhabi and the contract would be for 2 years. Anyone got any advice? I'm British and i'm in my early thirties.

Thanks.

ebeeston1982 wrote:

Hi there,

I've been offered a job at a lodge in Arusha and am really confused to whether it would be worth it or not to make the move. I live in Abu Dhabi and the contract would be for 2 years. Anyone got any advice? I'm British and i'm in my early thirties.

Thanks.

What do you mean by worth it? Is it the pay or the country you are concerned about?

I´ll be moving back there next week, I love Tanzania and Arusha, so I would say go for it... But it depends on what you are looking for

I love that part of Tanzania. I am currently traveling back and forth between the US and Tanzania but considering moving there the end of the year. With so much to do and see, why not!

I have recently shifted to Arusha. Its a cool place to live and work. Though there are few places to hang out and limited options to make friends.

Hope you enjoy.

Regards,
Rajesh

Hai everyone

I got a job in tanzania arusha .i am bascialy from india kerala can u jus help me about some information abt Arusha??
Place security??
any viral disease?
Is the place safe?

Arusha is a good place you will enjoy