Private University Degree "Preston University" is acceptable for IQAMA

Hi Guys
I am going to apply for the visa, therefore I just wanted to confirm that Private University Degree "Preston University" is acceptable for the issuance IQAMA.

Further, when I completed my Masters in 1999 the university was not recongnized from Higher commission, so whats the process in this case? What would be process of attestation .. etc... etc.

Please help me, if you have any experience.

Hi John,

My understanding is that your certificate has to be attested. A private university is going to be an issue. It will not be recognized.

Be prepared, this could be problematic for visa.

I had to prove my degrees for employment in Saudia were authentic by using  this website.

You can use it to find out if your university is recognized--the fee is minimal.

Respected sir
GREETINGS,
i need some information regarding distance learning in b-tech (hons) electrical,while i am working in saudi arabia. can you send me mail address of your related authority so i can clear my doubt
Regards:
mohammad Faheem Ziarat

hi guys

i want also B-Tech hons but i m working in abu dhabi how i will completed my b-tech some body tell me how i will doing.
thanks

Go preston.edu.pk you ccan find all the conatct and e-mails for Distance learning....

preston.edu.pk

Mayera Khalid
Program Officer & Distance Learning Coordinator
Preston University
Plot 85, Street # 3,
H-8/1, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Tel #: 111-707-808 (Ext: 284)
Fax #: 051- 4430648

Email: [email protected]

This is an old thread, and apparently, John30 only posted one time.  (I assume his visa was not approved.)  But for those who are considering this particular university...

According to Preston Uni's website, it's a chartered university; however, no where does it state the uni is accredited.  An Internet search on preston university accredited yielded similar info.  Be aware that chartered and accredited are not the same thing.  For instance, chartered solely means an entity has received approval from a governmental agency to operate as a university and to confer degrees.  Whereas, accreditation status confirms that a university meets the specific standards established by an authorized, higher ed accrediting organization.

Having a degree obtained via distance learning from an unaccredited uni is likely to be a problem if you're required to have your credentials authenticated for your Saudi employment visa.  Moreover, John30's post highlights the importance of carefully choosing an educational program that will satisfy the criteria for potential employment as well as comply with visa regulations.

smurfette wrote:

This is an old thread, and apparently, John30 only posted one time.  (I assume his visa was not approved.)  But for those who are considering this particular university...

According to Preston Uni's website, it's a chartered university; however, no where does it state the uni is accredited.  An Internet search on preston university accredited yielded similar info.  Be aware that chartered and accredited are not the same thing.  For instance, chartered solely means an entity has received approval from a governmental agency to operate as a university and to confer degrees.  Whereas, accreditation status confirms that a university meets the specific standards established by an authorized, higher ed accrediting organization.

Having a degree obtained via distance learning from an unaccredited uni is likely to be a problem if you're required to have your credentials authenticated for your Saudi employment visa.  Moreover, John30's post highlights the importance of carefully choosing an educational program that will satisfy the criteria for potential employment as well as comply with visa regulations.

:one:

Hi everyone..
i want to do masters online from Pakistani university... is there anyone who can guide me...

Sukaina Ahmed wrote:

Hi everyone..
i want to do masters online from Pakistani university... is there anyone who can guide me...

Here is your answer: http://www.vu.edu.pk/