Travel to and fro with EP cancelled

Greetings,

One of my friend's EP is cancelled and the last data is chopped as July 15. Due to emergency situation he has traveled to his home country and planned to comeback again to Malaysia in couple of days for completing his formalities at office and vacate his home. So is there any risk to travel to and fro with the EP cancelled? Thank you.

Sounds a bit dubious. If his employer wanted him back for knowledge transfer / handover they would have retained his EP. There is no compulsion to cancel EP by employers in such a rash way.

No it was all planned and confirmed about the last date mutually by both employee and employer. My friend's plan was to leave Malaysia by July14th. But suddenly due to unforeseen situation his presence was required in India and so he travelled. Heard from few friends (correct me if i am wrong) that once our EP is cancelled we can only leave Malaysia once and will not be allowed to Enter again Malaysia with the same cancelled EP even though we travel within the date.

Yes, what your friends said is correct. He will not be able to travel on his cancelled EP. He will be able to come in as a tourist.

The EP is valid until 15 July. As long as he can show a return ticket he can legally return to Malaysia. He must exit though on or before 15th

Yes he has a return ticket booked for July 14 from KL to Chennai already asked him to carry that along with him. Hope everything is fine.