Going to work in China - Need urgent advice or someone to go with

Hi guys,
Ok, so I have been looking to go work in China for many years, but now is the time to do it. (by the way ill keep this short as possible) I have enough air miles to get me there but not much else. Im American, and do have lots of experience teaching but no cert or degree, I already no its not a big problem.. I wont have enough money to sustain myself for long or for that matter a way back, so I am looking to get set up with everything right away. I will get settles in then my fiance and son will come (she is Colombian but has 2 degrees in English and experience as a coordinator for some of the biggest universities here, basically the best experience in different English areas you can ask for so I know she wont have an issue finding something good)

But, thats the idea in a nutshell, im looking to go very soon, if you have references, places I can write to get set up, or if your going and want to go together, let me know ASAP Thanks

I found work teaching in a town called Yangshuo a few years back, so many schools in that little town and so many jobs too! A very beautiful place to live, I wasnt even looking for work, just travelling and it was offered several times...so if your looking for somewhere to find work thats an option for you, but I'm sure you will find a job fairly easily...all the best!

Is that right?

Looks like a beautiful town.. what kind of work, anyone I can get in contact with before I go? What about accommodation?

hi get in touch with me ***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Just google the name of schools and get in touch with them one by one, usually they provide accom too. Have you got a visa yet though? They could ask you for details of accom and outbound flights.