Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Veliko Tarnovo?

Hi.
I should be coming over to Bulgaria shortly to sign with a notary - can anyone recommend a lawyer who can accompany me to check the documents/oversee the process?

thanks

Hi,,yes,,i have used Dimitar Dimitrov,,he is good,,his no is +359888403752,,good luck,,,,eddie

Hi I have one of the best lawyers in Bulgaria that works for me, email me and will put you in touch with him, He is very very good as be careful using local lawyers as most are corrupt!!!!!

Also what out for a couple called Dimitar & Fran from VT as they are out to steal from you😱 they hunt down English people by offering there services ie house sitting/cleaning and bill payments .
He is a local but she French

Thanks Eddie! The agent has told me not to waste money on a lawyer as everything's in order and will be translated into English. Not totally sure about that though...

Hi Kosarka - sounds interesting. I'd love the details, thanks.

Always consult an attorney and if they told you not to waist $$$ on one I would get two myself

Thanks Kris - I was afraid of that! Do you think it would be a good idea to actually give power of attorney to a lawyer and just leave it to them to deal with rather than signing myself?

OK Sarov,,no problem,,good luck

I think you should be involved, attorneys are good but it's not uncommon for them to be shady as well. If you were in Sofia I could put you intouch with couple of my good friends who are contract lawyers but I don't know anyone in VT

Thanks again Kris - I'll take your advice. The language barrier is so problematic.
I've been told that I need to register the property in my name with the local municipality within 7 days of signing - do you know if this is true?

Don't worry about the language, you can get a translator through the lawyer. and yes you have to register the house within a month.

Hello Sihemt - thanks for that.

I've just been told by a friend that the property has to be registered within 7 days and that I have to register with the tax office within 2 months!

I'm still not even sure what happens at the signing with the notary? Am I given a copy of the deeds that day, and the keys - do I take possession, or do I have to wait for paperwork or something? Do you know?

You need more translator than a lawyer. The notary so and so is obliged to check the property on the legality of the transaction. You have the costs for the notary, to counsel and to an interpreter.
Ask the lawyer how much that cost and what is included in his commitment? The notary can also prepare estate purchase agreement without a lawyer. Translator you translate the contract and will be present at the transaction and help with the registration of real estate.
If You are not a citizen of Bulgaria and want to buy a house with land, then know that You will need to open a company in Bulgaria and at least the ground to draw in the ownership of the firm. In Bulgaria foreigners, by law, does not register the purchase of land by a natural person.

sarov wrote:

Hello Sihemt - thanks for that.

I've just been told by a friend that the property has to be registered within 7 days and that I have to register with the tax office within 2 months!

I'm still not even sure what happens at the signing with the notary? Am I given a copy of the deeds that day, and the keys - do I take possession, or do I have to wait for paperwork or something? Do you know?

Choose an assistant who know the specifics of working with foreigners. For a foreigner buying property in Bulgaria there are not large differences in the procedure. The notary signs the transaction after full settlement with the buyer. Usually the calculations are through the Bank (if the amount is more than € 7,500), you bring from the Bank confirming the transfer of money to the seller of real estate.

After that, the notary makes a change in the property register. Next, You need to file information in the BULSTAT register and get a card BULSTAT (it will be ready in a month) - this procedure is only for foreigners.
After that you go to the city administration to evaluate the property for the purposes of tax accounting, there will calculate an annual fee

Hi Sarov,,,i recieved New Title Deeds & Keys same day,after Notary formalities,,i used a brilliant Estate Agent who sorted a Translater ,Taxes & Utilities Registration (electric,,water)

Hi vrsassist,

From 2012 people from the EU don't need a company to buy a land or a house in Bulgaria anymore

sihemt wrote:

Hi vrsassist,

From 2012 people from the EU don't need a company to buy a land or a house in Bulgaria anymore

Yes, in the message profile there is no check mark in the country in which he resides.

Veliko Turnovo

Lawyer/Company Accounts/House & Land Purchase (English speaking) Nora Nedialkova

адв.Нора Недялкова, гр.В.Търново, ул."Хан Аспарух" №2,А0888 388 318; 0878 388318; 062/650240lawyer Nora Nedialkova, town V.Tarnovo, 2, A, str."Han Asparuh"0888 388 318; 0878 388318; 062/650240

We have known Nora for many years since we used her services to purchase our house, she continues to do our Company annual accounts A++

sarov,,Ive just been to see my Lawyer in  VT,,he speaks good English,& deals with everything from Property,,Health ins,,Car legalities etc,,phone him,,,Dimitar Dimitrov,,,0888403752

Hi sarov I'm from northern Ireland  I have apartment in sunny beach been there 8 yrs ,I have great english solicited who is also married to english guy,she's fantastic I have used her for many different things and notary also my email is [email protected] if you mail me there I will give you her details ,all the best

Thank you www.carsbg, read your reply and we're meeting Nora next week. Superb.

Nora is lovely. Good choice.