Things to do in Honduras during the weekends

Hi,

What do you usually do on your weekends in Honduras?

Are there any places to visit, any activities, any events or festivals regularly organized you would like to recommend?

What are your top tips for the weekend in Honduras?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience, ;)

Christine

Hello. I am from Honduras. The Honduran mainland is beautiful with endless pine forests, lush mountains, lakes and hundreds of rivers. (believe it or not, there are 30,000 kilometers of roads of all kinds, from highways to secondary paved and dirt roads, to roads you can only use in the dry season)
The thing is, there are no tourist services to take you. You can get lost in no time.(Take your time using Google Earth up close to get a picture)
The Instituto Hondureño de Turismo based in Tegucigalpa might help you and find a guide service for you, Call 2222-2124 and ask for Tourist Information (they have maps and a couple of tour companies I think)
I like to ride motorcycles in the mountains and I can assure you I could spend a lifetime doing it and not finish visiting all the wonderful places. For example, there is a place near Tegucigalpa where you can see a volcano in Nicaragua, the Gulf of Fonseca and other volcanoes in El Salvador...and on and on.
Rent a car and stick to the main paved roads (I think it is more than a thousand miles of it) and visit.
I hope you find it enjoyable.

Or you could just watch the game on TV.

Copa Oro  USA 2015    teams, calendar and stats

http://www.concacaf.com/es/category/copa-oro

Honduras group A Canada group B 

Maybe we shall meet.....l...

En la zona norte puede ir a las playas a una hora de San Pedro Sula, Ir a las montañas, rios, etc, etc, Un mundo de maravillas en Honduras.

Hello walter claros,

Can you please write in English. You are on the English forum.

I invite you to read the Honduras Forum Code of Conduct.

Thank you,
Regards,
Naomi.

I just got back from Honduras.  Spent most of my time on isla del tigre, Amapala.  The gulf de Fonseca is beautiful.  The fishing is great.  You can hop on a boat and visit La Union El Salvador or Nicaragua both less than an hour away.  There's also several islands you can visit.  I've never seen shrimp as big as the ones caught in the gulf.  I had a great time and can't wait to get back.

Corozal is an interesting aldea garifuna about 11 kmses una interesante aldea garifuna localizada a 11 Kms. east of La Ceiba, donde.  ... Piedra Pintada Corozal Atlantida Honduras is also a pretty aldea. The local fair begins the 17th of January and if the weather is nice is really a fine way to spend your weekend.