Things to do in Bratislava during the weekends

Hi,

What do you usually do on your weekends in Bratislava?

Are there any places to visit, any activities, any events or festivals regularly organized you would like to recommend?

What are your top tips for the weekend in Bratislava?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience, ;)

Christine

Hello Christine,

one lady from art school made a great "map" (that time it was a school project, but now it works and live perfectly)

check it: mpba.sk/en . Those are not main old town things (for them you can just walk around our small old center_around castle and main square)_ you can find here unusual but tru places. Real Bratislava life (:.

Have a nice stay in our country.

Barbora

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Christine!

There is so much to do in Bratislava, trust me I know it's my hometown :)

It depends on what you like, there is something for everyone. You can go and visit Devin Castle, which is near Bratislava, or take a boat on Donau (I recommend Speedboats ) or go hiking in Nizke Karpaty - Little Carpathians.

If you are up for a little more adventure try Bratislava Shooting Club one of favourite target shooting places, great stag do activities, too.

And a for a bit more culture try Authentic Slovakia for alternative you can even call it hipster sightseeing tour.

Enjoy! :)

Hello...you mention accomodation...what is your charge for 3/4 days in October please . I am also very interested in seeing Bratislava with the assistance of a local.
Please advise....thank you Jimmy

Hello Jimmy.

Try AIRBNB site. You can find many places to stay and make a reservation for days you need. And If you will be lucky with host, they will show you around.

Barbora

Thank you for your message it is helpful.
Kind regards
Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

if I may , I would definitelly recommend to visit Vienna or Budapest as well while your stay in Bratislava. Those capital cities are just cca one hour far from each other and many turists combine trip in Bratislava with half day trip to Vienna for example. Very interesting is to take ship from Bratislava marine to Vienna, the company providing this service is called Twin City Liner, coctails and bar on board as well. Danube surrounding on the way to Vienna is really beuatiful.

are the boats easily accessible and how often do they go back and forth in a day? if i was to go for a short city break for a few nights. will i have enough time to make the most of it?

Count sheep :-)

Hi there,

There is so much to do in and around Bratislava. If you dont mind go out of Bratislava, I would recommend many touristic paths in Male Karpaty - e.g. visit the highest hill Zaruby (around 50km from Bratislava).

If you like wine, definitely visit a small town [link moderated]   that has many wine cellars (around 40 km from Bratislava).

For sport activities in summer rafting on wild water is really great. For more adrenaline try shooting with military guns on shooting range close to Bratislava (great relax after working week for both men and women).

If you are looking for some less adrenaline sport, try bike round trip from Devinska nova Ves, around castle Schlosshof  through Austrian villages and back to Bratislava.

Closed