Things to do in Muscat during the weekends

Hi,

What do you usually do on your weekends in Muscat?

Are there any places to visit, any activities, any events or festivals regularly organized you would like to recommend?

What are your top tips for the weekend in Muscat?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience, ;)

Christine

With weather cooling down,we could plan a hiking to the mountains.

Searched with "things to do in weekends" and landed up in this thread ....
was hoping to capitalize on some interesting insights !!!

Alas ......

My weekened is always busy, got a lot of stuff in my list that time is not enough.

Im exploring places in oman which i am addicted to. Drive to mountains, wadis, camping and hang around by the beach.

There is a salsa class happening in Muscat Holiday every Saturday at 5pm

Go and visit museums.

Go food tripping, have a taste of the restaurants in town.

Go for a shisha trip with friends.

Enough for now, that would make you busy for some time.

Pls feel free to check on me for my weekend plans, welcome to join!

Uhhhh ohhhh...i didnt know that you are not yet in oman

Can I join you for these activities on weekend? is it possible for you to take me with you on such trips? I'm new here and have no friends or ideas.

Hexebella,Please can you list the most interesting places you have been to in Oman.It will help us newbies like us a lot

SAK9 wrote:

Hexebella,Please can you list the most interesting places you have been to in Oman.It will help us newbies like us a lot

Wadi Bani Khalid
Wadi Arbeieen
Wadi Shab
Wadi Tiwi
Sinkhole
Quriyat....Wadi Dayqah and Mazara Dam
Nizwa Souq
Tanuf
Misfat Al Abriyeen
Al Hoota Cave
Izki
Jabal Akhdar
Jabal Shams
Qiyoot (Abandoned Village)
Wadi Bani Awf
Wadi Bani Kharous (Al Alia Village & Hageer)
Wadi Mistal
Wakan Village & Hadash
Sur (Ras Al Hadd & Ras Al Jinz)
Al Ashkara
Wadi Abiyad
Fins Beach
Rustaq
Nakhal
Wadi Hoqayn
Bandar Khairan
Jebel Sifa
Wadi Mayh
Desert camp near Al Mhudairib forgot the name
Sohar
Salalah

All these places have their own beauty and charm so it all depends on your interest.

There's a lot more to explore.

osamashafiq wrote:

Can I join you for these activities on weekend? is it possible for you to take me with you on such trips? I'm new here and have no friends or ideas.

Most welcome....
You can join the group, we organize the meet ups and trips but i go every weekend with whoever is free. The only challenge is that most of the guys have sedan car so when the trip is mountain or wadis, sedan cars can't go. If all is willing rent a car is always an option for a 4wd.

Hexabella

Since I dont have a car ....i am all for renting :D
Pls let me know .

IndianWanderlust wrote:

Hexabella

Since I dont have a car ....i am all for renting :D
Pls let me know .

normally we have slots for those who don't drive,    rent a car is proposed only if the destination needs a 4wd. not to worry.

I'm also Ok with "renting a car" option. . ;)

osamashafiq wrote:

I'm also Ok with "renting a car" option. . ;)

Who's driving then?

well u asked the question in 2015 let me reply in 2017.. well I wish to know too.. the city appears so dry and dull.. what ppl do here on weekend ?

raj-muscat wrote:

well u asked the question in 2015 let me reply in 2017.. well I wish to know too.. the city appears so dry and dull.. what ppl do here on weekend ?

Since the post was activated in 2015, yet there have been many replies to the same and if you could see those replies, you will find plenty of things that could be done during the weekends. Trust you'd find it helpful and equally balanced !

https://www.facebook.com/FridayFunInOma … 43/?type=3

raj-muscat wrote:

Sad to hear that you haven't realized the beauty of this country and the bunch of things to do and enjoy. I am here for a total of 10 years and haven't got enough, a lot of places still on my list and things to see and do.