No salary paid

Hi all,

i am here in oman from past a year, i got job recently and i can say luckily as for ladies its difficult at present. i am working here from 3 months for this company and its a reputed trading company but the department i am working as to be started from me only.
i have good experience in the concern department so i got 2 opportunities at the same time but i agreed to the company where i am working now as the visa was readily available.

Initially they said me to join immediate and they would change my visa to employment being in oman itself so as not to loose the opportunity i have joined, but later to some rules i need to exit and the company told me to exit and come back in a 3 days but i requested for a week.and returned back onsame grounds.

i was paid on time only for a month i.e 5th of the month, now my 2nd and 3rd month salary is due but still i am not paid. all these days i was told to open an account they will transfer , but ones after opening my boss is simple telling silly reasons and promising to do immediate thenext day.

i was not paid the air tickets also , as it was promiseed earlier saying they would add for the salary and give.

nothing is paid now, and  i am confused whether i should speak strongly putting myself into the risk of loosing job. As till now i have asked politely.nothing working out.

2 months is a long time u need to place it strongly to know the reason. rest of the people form other dept are getting their salary? if yes then u shld tell them tat its unfair to stop ur salary as u need money to survive here.

thanks for the reply , yes the other department people are paid, only my salary is on hold. Before i go and discuss strongly i would also want to know , if the situation makes me to leave the job or if he tells that he is not in profit of my job as per my understandings he would give these reasons in worst case, what would be the consequences other than the NOC. i am on visa only from 2 months.

i also forgot to mention is, he is telling me that he would cut my salary for the visa exit days i was on leave. i agreed for that also as i was badly in need of salary.

This imbecile is blackmailing you emotionally and wants you to succumb to his whims.Demand for your money, Geez the middle East habours lots of  goons.

HI deemonisha,

You are in a very sticky situation.

Obviously, your company has no intentions of paying you and are trying to extract as much work from you as possible.

You can consider the following few options :

(1) Go to office, but do not do any work. Demand that they pay you first if they want your contributions. Tell them in no uncertain terms that you do not work for free - no one does, unless you are working for a charity organisation !

(2) You have every right to go to the Indian Embassy and lodge a formal complaint. And from there go to the Ministry of Manpower (MoM) and lodge another complaint. If you are on a regular employment visa then the company would be taken to task. And the mere mention of your planning to lodge a complaint with the MoM wold give the management the jitters as they would not want te MoM to come and scrutinise their records.

(3) Your company might threaten to sack you, in which case they must pay up all dues which are due to you. Also, demand that they give you a NOC, which they may or may not give.

(4) Lastly, as an expatriate employee, you are at a disadvantage n fighting against the system. So try your best solve the issues amicably so are not at the receiving end.

Good luck.

Hello deemonisha

Is there a consulate of your country in Oman? If yes I would recommend you to contact them and see. Its best not to speak strongly yourself in the meantime. You may also try to ask advice from a lawyer.

Hope things will go fine for you soon :top:

Regards
Kenjee

Hi thank you all for the reply and suggestion.

from a week time i did not go for a meeting / discussion on office projects and slowed my work. so today when i went to check on and thought of taking up this matter . my boss himself told i was doing your salary work and was very cool. Let me wait till tomorrow for bank transaction and collect all the informations about what all the consequences will have to face in visa versa.

Thank you guys , i felt so supported going through your replies.

Hai deemonisha

Just now i noticed your posts. After July 1st no posts from you. I assume that you got your salary.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi, thanks  for your reply,

my 2 months salary was due , on the first of this month i received 1 month salary and the salary for last month i.e june was due yesterday but till now no updates(as i was told salary will be paid on 5th of the month).

i am confused , on first of this month my boss himself told he will pay me and paid me 1 month salary , whether it was only to cool me as i was not attending meetings and doing much work .

now i have even opened my account 15 days back and given them details, so as per the rule accounts people will do the pay role. i will wait after another 2 days and speak to my boss again about the due salary.if it still continues i will surely take your guidence

Regards,
deemonisha