Studying Arabic in Azhar

Hi everyone
I am new in Egypt. I need to get myself enrolled in Azhar .  I dont know Arabic. What do I need to do for the admission and what is the address for it.

Hello Bint izzat and welcome on board :)

Where do you come from and what brings you to Egypt, please share with us while waiting for members to advise! :top:

Regards
Kenjee

Hi Bint izzat
Since you don't know Arabic you will need to enrol at the Maahad Buuth. I don't know where you live so I cannot give you directions. But you will need to get to Darrassa. Then just ask for directions.

The Maahad is more like a College where you will be taught Arabic, English, Maths and other subjects. This way you start from class one and carry on for a few years where finally you will be able to enrol at Al Azhar University if you so wish.

What do they need to enrol:  You need to get there early and ask for an application form. So you wil need your passport and photos. You also have to pay for the form.

I understand the process is a bit lengthy as you will also need to go to the Mogamma at Tahrir square.

I will ask around and I will post the proper process and what is needed. What is your nationality? as at times the process may vary depending on nationalities or so I hear.

Hope this helps.

Hi Bint izzat, I don't know if you are still interested in this information since you haven't posted anything back. This is what I've managed to find out so far.

You will need to go to Mogamma at Tahrir square to extend your visa. Then take your passport and photos(at least 8) to Maahad Buuth based at Darrassa. Fill out some forms. Then take everything to the Passport & Immigration based around the corner. Infact it is opposite where the Maahad is.

This process takes I can say probably more than a week as you will be sent to different places for this that or the other.

So arm yourself with plenty of patience and hope for the best.

Hope this is useful to you and others who are interested in studying at Azhar