Love & Light & Unity

Now , here on planet Earth , all what we need to improve human condition is love and light and unity between all people regardless of their colour , religion or culture .

With no war and hate, the whole world would be a better place.
Sadly, reality means a lot of powerful people make a lot of cash from war and hate, so it isn't going away any time soon.

@Adie

Whilst your post is admirable, for the reasons Fred has stated, this will not happen.
Religion has been the cause of many wars, racial and religious discrimination is fully entrenched in society these days.

Hello all

Since this thread had nothing to do with Jordan, please note that it has been moved to our Expat Cafe - Open discussions forum section.

Regards
Kenjee

Despite his nice posting above, the OP is banned now. Maybe he wasn't that likeable after all?

beppi wrote:

Despite his nice posting above, the OP is banned now. Maybe he wasn't that likeable after all?

I was wondering about that - must have been his other post as that's gone walkabout from the forum.
Still, the this thread remains interesting, and sad as we all know the many reasons for war, mostly cash, aren't going away this week.

I always see hate as something really silly.
If I hated others for their skin colour, race, religious ideals or whatever, I'd have missed out on most of the best experiences of my life.

Bigotry is astoundingly moronic.

Fred wrote:

I hate jumping sheep, Fred. Does that count as something really silly? (Clue: I was brought up on a sheep farm in Australia. No fun at all. Couldn't leave quickly enough!)

Adie Emran wrote:

all what we need to improve human condition is love and light and unity between all people regardless of their colour , religion or culture .

"What nation can save the world?

Your imagi-nation."

--  Judith Dolmatch, USA

Gordon Barlow wrote:
Fred wrote:

I hate jumping sheep, Fred. Does that count as something really silly? (Clue: I was brought up on a sheep farm in Australia. No fun at all. Couldn't leave quickly enough!)

My dream job, but don't ask why.

That's the thing about the world - Everyone is different; new and exciting experiences await anyone open to looking.
In many way I feel really sorry for racist twits; they miss out on so much good stuff, swapping whole new worlds for a hate that'll only ever bring grief.

Very foolish.

Imagine if I hated Indians - I would have missed out on great food (And how to say, "Thank you" in Tamil)
If I hated The Chinese - I would have missed out on great food (And how to say, "Thank you" in Mandarin and Cantonese)
If I hated Pakistanis - I would have missed out on great food (And how to say, "Thank you" in Urdu)
Imagine if I hated Italians - I would have missed out on great food (And how to say, "Thank you" in Italian)
Imagine if I hated Arabs - I would have missed out on great food (And how to say, "Thank you" in Arabic)
Imagine if I hated the French - I would have missed out on how to say, "Thank you" in French.

Fred wrote:

Everyone is different; new and exciting experiences await anyone open to looking....
Imagine if I hated Indians - I would have missed out on great food...
If I hated The Chinese - I would have missed out on great food...
If I hated Pakistanis - I would have missed out on great food...
Imagine if I hated Italians - I would have missed out on great food...
Imagine if I hated Arabs - I would have missed out on great food...
Imagine if I hated the French - I would have missed out on how to say, "Thank you" in French.

I seem to be homing in on a theme here, Fred.

Secondly, now I have an idea why you won't be moving to Paris or Lyons. ;)

cccmedia in Ecuador (a great place but not internationally famous for its cuisine)

Fred wrote:

Imagine if I hated Indians - I would have missed out on great food (And how to say, "Thank you" in Tamil)
If I hated The Chinese - I would have missed out on great food (And how to say, "Thank you" in Mandarin and Cantonese)
If I hated Pakistanis - I would have missed out on great food (And how to say, "Thank you" in Urdu)
Imagine if I hated Italians - I would have missed out on great food (And how to say, "Thank you" in Italian)
Imagine if I hated Arabs - I would have missed out on great food (And how to say, "Thank you" in Arabic)

Fred. I shouldn't have singled out my hatred of jumping sheep. I actually hate all sheep. But - but... That can't be true, because if I hated sheep I would have missed out on great food, right? Which, since Dad killed a sheep every ten days for his family of four, was pretty much all we ate for our three meals a day. I'm not sure I would classify that as an exciting experience, exactly, but you have persuaded me to be glad I was there for it.

Oh, and I'm sorry you don't like French food! How could you resist their bakery products?

Gordon Barlow wrote:

Oh, and I'm sorry you don't like French food! How could you resist their bakery products?

I didn't mention French food at all, but omission commonly says so much more than inclusion.
je ne regrette rien, words that did for music what the nuclear bomb did for Hiroshima.

I did rather like the frites stands I commonly stopped at on the way to the south of that country.

Fred wrote:

je ne regrette rien, words that did for music what the nuclear bomb did for Hiroshima.

Yes, although I have always preferred her "Milord". In fact, I'll pull it up on YouTube now, just to remind me!

Hahhaha.. Fred, besides the points that you made, this one made me have a good smile!

Well, Shukriya (Thank you)
Cheers
Z

Fred wrote:

and .... imagine this.

I have managed to pick up the way to suggest someone is having an improper relationship with their mummy ~ in Malaysian, Urdu, Mandarin and Turkish.
Racists can never insult a driver who has just pulled out in front of them even close to as well as I can.:D

Hahaha!! No comments!
Darn! Even I haven't learnt that in Turkish as yet! I need to ask someone today! Preferably not at the office!  :lol:

Fred wrote:

I have managed to pick up the way to suggest someone is having an improper relationship with their mummy ~ in Malaysian, Urdu, Mandarin and Turkish.

I had a T shirt made in Malaysia.

It had the name of a politician in bold letters, with that phrase in Malaysian printed underneath.
It went down great.

Ahh well.. Was the politician Malaysian too?

If so, then I wonder how it possibly went down great!! :D:D:D

Fred wrote:

It had the name of a politician in bold letters, with that phrase in Malaysian printed underneath.
It went down great.

Xeeschan wrote:

Ahh well.. Was the politician Malaysian too?

If so, then I wonder how it possibly went down great!! :D:D:D

Fred wrote:

It went down great.

It was a famous British politician of the time - I won't name him as that would invite political comment.

Ahh.. Perfect decision!! = )

Fred wrote:

I won't name him as that would invite political comment.

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR