Soon to be expat:)

Hi All!

I am from Port Elizabeth, South Africa and will be going to Mauritius in Nov this year to look for a place to purchase so within the next year or two move to Mauritius. I am a herbicide technician and my wife is an Interior Architect. We are looking at moving to the Black River, Tamarin, Grand Bay area. Would like to hear from you guys and girls how you have found the moving process, job start-up etc. Would also be great to maybe meet up with an expat or 2 in Nov when Im there to pick your brain:)

Thanks!

Hi nice to hear from u,Zats great u want to come to Mauritius.well if u need any help from my side plz feel 3.well the regions that u have choose are the best places in Mauritius.But as o foreigner they will charge u a lot even if u deal wiz agencies.If u really want i will help u  outbut my fees will b zero cent ok.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : No phone numbers on the forum please.
Amithusraz wrote:

Hi nice to hear from u,Zats great u want to come to Mauritius.well if u need any help from my side plz feel 3.well the regions that u have choose are the best places in Mauritius.But as o foreigner they will charge u a lot even if u deal wiz agencies.If u really want i will help u  outbut my fees will b zero cent ok.

Wow that really sounds great! Thank you! Luckily there is another gentleman coming with us who is also looking at buying there and he is an estate agent so we shouldn't end up paying commission. I will definitely get hold of you closer to the time

U r welcome any time well how is s africa

South Africa is beautiful but I believe it is going to run into serious problems soon regarding electricity and water shortages. The South African government is full of corruption. Looking for greener pastures. I see you work as a waiter. What establishment do you work at?

Well i  was wrkg in hotels in Mauritius and wrked for Royal caribbean cruise line and nw i'm home since my contract is over.lookg for a job

If you are a foreigner , the only two schemes under which you are allowed to purchase : IRS and RES .
check the guide

Ya.but if u buy it directly from owners u will get it @ different price n i will help u for zat .u will compare ze price wen u come dont rush tk ur time wem u come u hv my num

Amithusraz wrote:

Ya.but if u buy it directly from owners u will get it @ different price n i will help u for zat .u will compare ze price wen u come dont rush tk ur time wem u come u hv my num

Which owners ?
Foreigners can't buy directly from owners like mauritians do - They have to buy IRS or RES or R+2 apt ( after 3 yrs on the island) and these are sold by developers through real-estate agents.

Hello,

We are from Cape Town and moved like 1 month ago to Mauritius with my husband, 2 year old daughter and dog.
I can't help you with buying a property but we are renting in Tamarin and it's very nice and relax here.
If you have small children, Tamarin & Black River are nice areas regarding schools.
Anyway if you are in the area in November we can meet.
Good luck with the planning!
Sophie

Was it difficult getting your dog from S.A to Mauritius?

It is a veryyyy long process...count +/- 6months!

It is a lot of paperwork and blood tests due to rabbies.

And once in Mauritius, it is 30 days quarantine.

Shame, feel bad to put my animals through that:(