Advice needed on life in the Cavite area please!

Hello  Everyone!

I am a single Mum with two teenage kids and I am looking for information on Imus, Cavite or in the vicinity please.  I have heard that there are occasional floods there and was wondering  where  is a suitable area to live? I have searched  online and have found affordable accommodation, but wondered how reliable adverts on OLX etc. are,  as many are placed by homeowners. I suppose housing supervised by estate agents would be the better route? What security does the tenant have under these circumstances? Please can anyone also advise if they know of The International British Academy as we are looking for a school that offers the IGCSE curriculum. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks and kind regards!

I'm not well qualified to answer your question, but as no one has given you any reply, I'll take a crack at it.

I have visited Cavite a few times for business purposes. It is south of downtown Manila and the highway between downtown and Cavite is often congested, especially during rush hours. As far as I could see, it is not nearly as affluent as most parts in Makati, especially gated communities such as Forbes Park, Das Marinas Village, etc...  However, your budget may limit you in your choices. Also, transportation is a huge challenge, so proximity to your children's school, your place of work (if applicable), shops and services is important.

I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful, but perhaps this post will attract more replies.

Hello and sorry for the late reply!

We have been having problems leaving Bali due to the havoc caused by the volcano and are still on route to The Philippines. Thank-You so much for your reply, as any feedback and advice is of help to us! Wishing you all the best!

Kind regards!

Hi
If you can afford it, Ayala properties offer the best value for money, security, location, international schools nearby and community living. You may like to try Ayala Westgrove, Silang  Cavite; Ayala Alabang in Muntinlupa, or Serendra in The Fort, Taguig.
Am not an agent nor a broker so I don't have vested interest. I happened to have friends & relatives living in these places and they seem to be pretty happy.

Hello!

Thanks so much for your mail! I will check out the places recommended by you and appreciate your feedback!

Many kind regards,
V.

Hello Viona, do you have relatives in the Philippines, or any close friend. If so my advice is to live as near as possible to them, since getting around in the Philippines, presumably without a car, is difficult for anyone moving and living here for the first time.

As someone else mentioned, Imus is a disaster from a constant traffic congestion viewpoint.

Good Luck to you and your Kids.

Peter.

Hi Peter

Thanks so much for your reply and I'm sorry for the late response!
We arrived a couple of days ago and I have begun enrollment for my kids at The International British Academy. I also had a look at a couple of houses in gated communities in the area. Although I do not have any friends or relatives here, I have organised everything needed because I have lived and worked in many countries and finding my way has never been a problem.
So far, being in Imus has been an interesting experience and my kids and I are looking forward to our new start here. Thank-You so much for your feedback and wishing you a lovely weekend!
Kind regards,
Viona

Hi V, this is an old friend Christine please contact me

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share email address on the forum.

Viona!!!!!!
'where are you???????????????????????

Ms. Gay

I have a place in Imus that never floods. You gotta just find some place on hill is what it comes down to.

Old thread.

General trias is mostly flood free and very accessable