Best way to get documents sent from Australia to Philippines

I have some important documents to be sent from Australia to Philippines and would like advice on the best way to get them here safely.

In the past year I sent just 2 packages from Australia with Australia Post. One didn't arrive at all and the the second one(registered) arrived with the contents missing.

Thanks in advance!

DHL or similar would be the only real option, although expensive.  Normal post is highly unreliable. 

Some Post offices don't even deliver, even with the correct and easy identified local address. 
I went to a post office to ask how long it would take, and they told me they had it there for three weeks, waiting for me to collect it !! 
Silly me, expecting it to be delivered to the hotel ! 
But, no use if someone sends you something you are not expecting. You don't collect it, and they send it back... OR ?

ABCDiamond wrote:

DHL or similar would be the only real option, although expensive.  Normal post is highly unreliable.

Thanks for that info.
Hopefully they will deliver door-to-door and require a signature!

There is no house delivery where I am, although in a modern sub-division. The local post office phoned the householder and advises there is mail available, strange system, but...

The Philippine Post Office is unreliable and fraught with characteristics of an ageing, crumbling and sun setting government instituion.  Deliveries in cities are often late, if they show up at all.  I would assume rural areas are no better or worse.

Sadly in this day and age, one can only count on emails and file attachments if you can get away with it.  If not, then commercial couriers are your only option. It's very expensive but it will arrive.

OzFreddie wrote:

Thanks for that info.

DHL also offer a tracking service and Electronic Proof of Delivery (scanned signature)
- dhl.com.ph/en/express/tracking.html

ABCDiamond wrote:
OzFreddie wrote:

Thanks for that info.

DHL also offer a tracking service and Electronic Proof of Delivery (scanned signature)
- dhl.com.ph/en/express/tracking.html

That sounds good! Thanks.

Yes! I recommend DHL also because you can track your important shipment anywhere anytime. All you have to do is to go to there website and click track then enter the tracking no. you found in your receipt then it show where is the exact location of your shipment and who received the documents. I been try that when I sent my documents to Malta Europe.