BBC 1 - TV Escape to the continent - Cyprus

So did anyone else see this last week?

if so what were your thoughts?

Just watched this program last night and then compared the shows to the earlier one set in Malta

The Cyprus show......was very pleased it showed our village of Peyia. plus the other places in Tala, Kallepia and Kouklia are fave places of ours.... and IMHO that was actually quite accurate - so well done to the team there..... although I knew he just wasnt interested at all in the business potential of the one in Kallepia..... i think it had fantastic potential 

i did think however that the guys looking were'nt really that serious as their eventual outcome was easily foreseeable as they would / should have known the facts before they ventured into the project as both work, knew they'd have to run down their business and had'nt sold their house....

Toon wrote:

Just watched this program last night and then compared the shows to the earlier one set in Malta

The Cyprus show......was very pelased it showed our village of Peyia. plus the other places in Tala, Kallepia and Kouklia are fave places of ours.... and IMHO that was actually quite accurate - so well done to the team there..... although I knew he just wasnt interested at all in the business potential of the one in Kallepia..... i think it had fantastic potential 

i did think however that the guys looking were'nt really that serious as their eventual outcome was easily foreseeable as they would / should have known the facts before they ventured into the project as both work, knew they'd have to run down their business and had'nt sold their house....

Almost tempted me to think about moving from Gozo!

Ray

think about it seriously = there are many in Malta and have either moved already or are in the process of doing so

pick the right spot here and you wouldnt regret it for sure..

its so nice  - even I had doubts but am glad my missus had the balls to make me see sense..

PS she still has them in her pinny pocket... LOL

Where can we see this program in the UK, it sound quite informative for someone looking to move over to Cyprus. However, the BBC I-player lists the the program but it's unavailable to watch.

You know it sounds awful to say it now but in all honesty I cannot for the life of me understand why we spent 6 yrs in Malta.. although it has to be said that we did enjoy our time there, made and have kept a lot of friends there.  We both feel enriched by the experience and are definitely more enlightened as a result of it.. It was indeed an interesting experience but am glad we moved on to pastures new  - swapped a little rock for a much bigger one. 

I actually asked my other half literally two days ago, why we chose to go to Malta in the first place back in 2008, as it wasnt our first choice, not even 2nd or 3rd.... and Cyprus wasnt even on the list... lol  In fact we holidayed for two weeks in Malta the year before and hated it.....

Maybe it was the fact it was predominantly english and they drove on the left  maybe that was what did it  - i cant remember.....   

Anyway - to the next poster not sure if the program is available online now or not - we are lucky in having a 14 day catch up service with ntv.mx and as such we were able to watch both episodes of it - malta & cyprus

i shall have a trawl to see if I can find it online for you and if do i will post links assuming the admins will allow it - if not, -
I will PM you

How lucky is that  - immediate hit.... its on  you tube....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOBynwjiPGQ

Good old Youtube ;-)

Cheers Toon, I'll watch it tonight with a glass of wine. ;-)

sounds like a plan to me