Working for ICEAT at PNU, have things improved?

Hi everyone,

I have been reading lots of info, both on this forum and on others, about working for ICEAT, and working for Princess Nora University through other contractors. However there aren't as many recent personal accounts from people working for ICEAT at PNU.

I was recently offered a contract without even having an interview, which could mean they must be desperate because teachers leave often due to the working conditions. From what I've read, I understand that it's generally going to suck, and I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for that. Would anyone like to share their experience working for ICEAT at PNU? I'm specifically interested in the accommodation and issues people have had with management, but any insight you could provide would be helpful. Thanks.

Ok, as of now it looks like I will actually have an interview.
Anyway, can anyone share any updates on working conditions for this or any other contractor at PNU for the PYP program?

I'd like to know whether things have changed too. I've been offered a job at PNU but after reading the comments online, I'm starting to reconsider.

coming from an educator  ( as mentioned before )  there is good experiences and some less appealing ones in education, but this is the nature of the beast. in the states working in the public school system we were 'miserable' because we worked under the state policies, couldn't change jack until the school board, school district, union, state legislators all agreed. here its a different ball game, there is a different set of rules and different set of circumstances. bottom line, if you focus on the students all the other 'problems' are secondary. if you do not have a welcoming mindset, you should reconsider, and probably stay away.

Hi Kam15. If you want to know what's changed at PNU, read the posts on this forum from this past year. Nothing's changed over the summer.

I worked at PNU for 2 years. First year was doable. Last year was a nightmare. Next year is on the rocks. PNU fired 2 entire administrations in the last 2 years and will do a new administration again next year. They say third time is lucky, but I'm not buying it. PNU has gone down since I started two years ago. 80% of teachers from LEAD have left and and 25% left from PYP.

Greenlee, you said you got the job without an interview. This is because PNU is in fact desperate for next year. They actually sent teachers an email asking them to refer their friends for next year because so many have quit. I'm one of those who said: No more! And I could never suggest PNU to a friend in good faith.If you do come, be prepared and pack lots of patience and a thick skin. Lots of luck to all you new PNU teachers!

Hi
What about working through international university Contracts....they say there won't be an iqama but there'll be something with multiple exit re-entry visas...I have 5 year daughter n husband accompanying me....please ur thoughts on this....

agathatroy

Thank you for your response ! Let's hope the new administration changes things for the better.

Hi Kam15. I doubt things will get better. My first year things were okay because we had an Australian women who ran everything and the Saudis were hands off. Last year Saudis took over. They had a puppet director but ran it themselves and it was just a nightmare. A friend of mine who's been in teaching for 25 years said it was the worst year she ever had. These same Saudis are still running it, but they will have another puppet director again and that's how it'll stay. Draw your own conclusions but that's why we said no more.

Hi gals I wanna know have things improved in the sense that the ppl coming on contracts can they use the facilities and amnesties on campus? I have my husband and 5 year old daughter

Please somebody shed some light on ppl living with family on campus

I'm looking for a job at PNU.