HCMC jewellery store with online payment?

NEED HELP!

Hi guys!  :cheers:

I'm Timm, a German fella working in Australia for a few more weeks. By the end of July I'm moving to Vietnam for good.

My Vietnamese girlfriend's birthday is in 2 weeks and unfortunately I won't be with her on her special day.
I want to make her a present, a gold filled bracelet or pendant or a golden ring. My plan is to buy a piece of jewellery online. Then asking her at her birthday to pick it up from a store in HCMC.
Unfortunately I didn't find a store yet that accepts any kind of online payments. :unsure

Do you know a reliable jewellery store in HCMC that accepts online payments? Please let me know! :D

Cheers, Timm

Normally people want to check before they buy jewelry as they're expensive. It seems that there's only one site for you - jewellerynetasia.com/en-us/trade/products/products-suppliers
PNJ is a well-known company, too.

Hope you like this!

P.S: there are some others but they're not reliable.

How are you going to "make her a present" online? Anyway, don't do it. I wouldn't even buy gold at a local jewelry store  without testing it.

@scarletvn: Im deffo gonna check out PNJ, apparently they got heaps of stores in HCMC. Thanks!
@adhome01: You asked how I'm gonna make a present, well I explained it in my post. You got any better idea since she's in VN and I'm in Australia at the moment? And please tell me how you would 'check' the gold you buy in a jewellery store. Biting on it to see if its real? ;P Cheers

tim.lazer wrote:

@scarletvn: Im deffo gonna check out PNJ, apparently they got heaps of stores in HCMC. Thanks!
@adhome01: You asked how I'm gonna make a present, well I explained it in my post. You got any better idea since she's in VN and I'm in Australia at the moment? And please tell me how you would 'check' the gold you buy in a jewellery store. Biting on it to see if its real? ;P Cheers

You can buy it there and send it through Viet customs and see how that works. :)  Seriously, just send a cake, balloons and flowers for now. There are many places that you can order these online and have them delivered. Just buy (or make) the present there and bring it with you when you come.

As far as testing the gold, it's really pretty simple. Bring your own scale and testing solution. It's fast and easy to do. Testing solution for 24k gold can be bought for under $10 USD. I don't know how much you're planning on spending but for something of any real value I'd check it.

I agree with Adhome01. I think your gf wouldn't mind if you send her flowers & cake on her bd, then when you can give her expensive gift when you come here or have trusted friend coming to Vietnam. Btw do you have any trusted friend here? You can ask them to help you with this, maybe to come & check for you. At least, it's safer than spending big sum of money online for something you can't see and you can have the receipt in real paper, not just on email.

Or why don't you ask Adhome01 to do your favor? :)

Scarletvn wrote:

I agree with Adhome01. I think your gf wouldn't mind if you send her flowers & cake on her bd, then when you can give her expensive gift when you come here or have trusted friend coming to Vietnam. Btw do you have any trusted friend here? You can ask them to help you with this, maybe to come & check for you. At least, it's safer than spending big sum of money online for something you can't see and you can have the receipt in real paper, not just on email.

Or why don't you ask Adhome01 to do your favor? :)

My favor to him would be to watch out for girls who accept expensive gifts.   :whistle:

Thanks for your advice, guys. Ye i sent her flowers before. Thought it would be easy to pay online at an international chain and let her pick it up. After calling stores like Pandora in HCMC, turns out its not possible to do. We are not talking bout a big investment here, was looking for a 14ct gold ring or two tone ring around 150-200 usd. A friend gave me that idea of letting her pick it up on her bday. Kinda liked that idea. After reading your posts I assume I'm better off buying something here in Australia. Which was my original plan. Got someone in hcmc I can trust, but am not a big fan of borrowing money and transferring $150 on a VN bank account is not worth the bank fee of $50.

Cheers, guys.

Well adhome01, she lost her 4 mioVND gold ring she bought for herself when we were together. I think it would be nice to replace it.

Happy birthday to happy girl who has generous bf like you! :)

P.S: Sometimes I wonder if somebody asks how to send money or expensive things to his girlfriend in VN then emphasizes she is not Vietnamese or Thai, do people reply with concern of being ripped money off.

tim.lazer wrote:

Got someone in hcmc I can trust, but am not a big fan of borrowing money and transferring $150 on a VN bank account is not worth the bank fee of $50.

If there's someone you can trust with and you guys are close enough, you can ask them to do you a favor and give them the money back when you're in Vietnam again. That's what I'm always do for my best friend when he needs to buy presents for his gf and his gf's family. He is in Vietnam once a year and give me back the money, which is only around 500 to 600 USD of presents worth for the whole year.

Ngan Khanh wrote:

If there's someone you can trust with and you guys are close enough, you can ask them to do you a favor and give them the money back when you're in Vietnam again.

Thats what I did. My contact there bought the ring in a trusted store and I ll give back the money when im over in HCMC in two weeks time. Thanks for your advice, all of you guys! :)

A nice story with a happy ending, thanks!
Btw, which store did you choose?

gobot wrote:

A nice story with a happy ending, thanks!
Btw, which store did you choose?

Its a Vietnamese store, my contact shops there regularly. I'll ask for the name of the store and post here.

The store is called 'đức hạnh'. My girlfriend's and my contact's family buy there and they know the store owners. So if your looking for an honest jewellery store where you can buy to Vietnamese prices, this will be one.