Denmark x things I love about you

This discussion will concentrate on positivity: what do you like the most in Denmark ?

I think there is a reason as for why no one has posted in this thread. There is simply nothing positive to mention about Denmark. Only positive thing is that me and so many other foreigners leaves immediately after we are finished studying.

I posted this morning, after reading a couple of negative posts ...

Only positive posts here please !

I'm now here since 4 weeks and I can't say really something against this country.
All people that I've meet until now are friendly...
Why are people complaining about the weather...you can't decide that by yourselfe don't you?
I'm from swiss and for me, the weather here is more then OK.

Of course I have days while I hate it to be here, but that's because I miss my friends.
I think you have to be open minded and try to make friends as good as you can.

Denmark is what you make of it, if all you do is complain about the weather and this and that you will never be happy. My husband says there is no bad weather just wrong clothes.

I have lived here almost 10 years and prefer living here to when I lived in the USA. I like the more layed back lifestyle and I don't have to worry about being mugged or whatever when I am walking down the street. The people are friendly, of course there is always a cranky person once and awhile but that happens everywhere.

Fantastic International atmosphere, atleast in Copenhagen.

I have been for a short time on 2 occasions and have always found it easy to find new people to hang out with :)

A traveller's paradise if you ask me, cant really speak for the resident-not yet atleast.

cheers,g

I agree with you

crivosa wrote:

I'm now here since 4 weeks and I can't say really something against this country.
All people that I've meet until now are friendly...
Why are people complaining about the weather...you can't decide that by yourselfe don't you?
I'm from swiss and for me, the weather here is more then OK.

Of course I have days while I hate it to be here, but that's because I miss my friends.
I think you have to be open minded and try to make friends as good as you can.

:up: because we prefer positive discussions on Expat.com ;)

Well so far i love it despite not speaking fluent Danish! the food is just perfect i enjoy cooking and it's nice to see it actually done rather than all the processed crap back in the UK. Weather is the same as the UK so no change there, but the people i've met when trying to sort out my documents in order to learn Danish and live here have been lovely :)

In my early years when I was living here temporarily, I found danish people to be "private", but still approachable.  It was up to me to make the effort.  I would take a newspaper along to a crowded café, sit down and, after making an effort to read the paper, ask the person next to me to help me with a few words, just as an ice breaker.  That would sometimes lead to a conversation about the story, and so on.  While, i don't frequent bars very much, I found this one place called the Bobi Bar was full of friendly, interesting and sometimes bazarre people.  Bankarot café was another friendly place.  I found dozens.

Hello all :D

Some nice facts on the country that is Denmark hope you enjoy.

http://www.forbes.com/2010/07/14/world- … table.html
(Forbes known for providing factual lists regarding various topics such as the wealthiest people in the world)

http://www.theworlds50best.com/awards/1-50-winners
(Made only from Scandinavian produce and only making Scandinavian dishes )

http://www.news-world.us/pics/2010/08/2 … the-world/ (Denmark not shown.. As you may have heard there are some nasty comments by users that are untrue perhaps they should count their blessings they don't live in one of these bad countries)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen
(Last but not least 1st paragraph 4th line down "In 2008, Copenhagen was the most visited city of the Nordic countries with 1.3 million international tourists" now that is believable spent a lovely day in Copenhagen myself and it was very busy)

Feel free to add more :D

i like about the way danes say "thank you" in such a short words " Tak" :)

Hi and welcome indo_expat :)

Tak for your contribution ;)

Armand