Offer letter doubt - Waiting for an offer letter from 2 months!!!

Hi Sumitran Sir,

I have a specific question - I have attended an interview from Insurance firm in the second week of May and till date they have not provided us offer letter. The interview was through an agent based in India - Chennai. As per them I got selected and will get the offer letter.
My question is how much time it take to provide the offer letter to a shortlisted person?? As its already a 33 days.
What is the procedures after offer letter, as I do have another offer in India and they want me to join the same, shall I take an Indian offer??

And if the offer letter from Oman insurance firm comes to me can they wait for 3 month of notice period for me join them in Oman??

How long does it take to provide offer letter?? Why they are not providing though I am in shortlisted candidates??

Pls reply sir!!!

I think 33 days waiting time is reasonable based on my own experience. I waited about 40 days before receiving an offer although I was told during the interview that 2-3 days later I will receive a response of offer or not. So, I encourage you to be patient and not try to give the impression that you are hassling.
Best of the luck!

Issuing the offer letter is not a big concern. You should ask for the employment Visa to the agent. Don't give any service charges before you get the visa. Also you can contact the employer thru mail or phone. I guess there is a delay in clearance of visa.

Hi Anoopoman,

No, As per them I got short listed for the job, even they told me I am the only candidate who got the job. And they (agent) intimated the offer letter will come in 10-12 days. But its now 33 days. Is that offer letter takes this much time??

I am waiting for an offer letter.

A ton of Thanks Abbahba... :)

So as per your experiance I should wait for some more days for the offer letter??

Hi Sumitran Sir waiting for your expert reply...

Pls revert!!

Raju66661 wrote:

Hi Sumitran Sir waiting for your expert reply...

Pls revert!!

Hi Raju66661,

The Offer Letter, quite frankly, means nothing. It is not a guarantee of getting the job. What really matters is getting the employment visa in your hand.

One might even be given the offer letter, basis that one might even be reckless enough to resign from the currently holding job, thinking that they can fly out within days. However, ground realities are far removed from this ideal scenario.

Getting the employment visa in hand is the final hurdle in any wannabe expatriates list of hurdles. So do not fret about not receiving your offer letter. But it would be wise for you to wait until you receive it, check what is written there very carefully, and if all the terms and conditions of your employment specified are exactly and entirely as per what you have discussed and agreed, only then sign and return your offer letter, confirming your decision to join the company.

For the company to get a new employment visa is a humongous challenge these days. Long delays are commonplace.

Suggest you read the forum for further details and information on this rather painful subject. You will notice that there are many who are anxiously waiting to receive their employment visas – even after months of delay !
In your case, if the company has not sent you the offer letter even after a month of promising then perhaps they are reconsidering their decision.

In addition, if you have a good offer in hand, you must take it up without waiting, without any guarantee, of receiving the offer letter. Or even after receiving the offer letter, waiting for your employment visa. How soon or how long the company would need to get your employment visa depends on many factors, which have all been discussed in detail in the forum. So, please do not ask to explain.

If the offer letter is given and you accept the offer and then your employer ask you to wait for your employment visa, you can wait – not just for 3 months, but until it comes !

Yes!

Thanks sir.
Will except the Indian firm offer letter.

Sir do National life & general insurance - Oman takes this much time to produce offer letter?? As per them am selected, then why offer letter is getting delayed??

Hi,
I have received one offer from Ruwi based oil and gas company as Lead Quality. i am diploma holder with having 13 year exp
they offer me OMR 850 + Accommodation + medical + sim card+ transport with limited top up.
i wanted to shift with my family and i have 6 yr son in 1st STD.

1. Is it worth to sigh offer?
2. what will be the average salary for my profile?

Please advice me, can i save good amount of money after paying school fee.

Awaiting for your reply and suggestion.

Hi Sumitran Sir,
Thanks for your time.

One last doubt, I am excepting the indian offer. But here 3 months of notice period I need to serve!!

And after my employment visa once i get the offer (as per them will get the offer letter before 20th July) for Oman Job - will Oman firm wait for 3 months??

Sumitran Sir,

I am waiting for your valuable reply!

Raju66661 wrote:

Hi Sumitran Sir,
Thanks for your time.

One last doubt, I am excepting the indian offer. But here 3 months of notice period I need to serve!!

And after my employment visa once i get the offer (as per them will get the offer letter before 20th July) for Oman Job - will Oman firm wait for 3 months??

Hi Raju66661,

Please be realistic and practical.

Do you think any employer (here, there, or anywhere) would sit around and wait for a confirmed candidate to come and start working 3-months after finalising ?

Jaynit wrote:

Hi,
I have received one offer from Ruwi based oil and gas company as Lead Quality. i am diploma holder with having 13 year exp
they offer me OMR 850 + Accommodation + medical + sim card+ transport with limited top up.
i wanted to shift with my family and i have 6 yr son in 1st STD.

1. Is it worth to sigh offer?
2. what will be the average salary for my profile?

Please advice me, can i save good amount of money after paying school fee.

Awaiting for your reply and suggestion.

Hi Jaynit,

The offer seems quite reasonable. Whether to accept or not is your up to you.

For a Diploma Holder this will be about the average salary scale.

Read the Cost of Living topic for details of the expected expenses.

Since accommodation is taken care of, it is a decent deal. Else no.

Sumitran Sir,
Thanks your very much for your expert advice..
Jaynit.

Hi Dear Team,

One of my collegue got the offer letter for Oman-NLGIC and they told rest all for hold. Its been almost 52 days from interview. Can we expect the offer letter too from this form, as agent has tols during follow ups. They are lookinf for some other candidtaes too. What can we expect????

Pleas reply in tense!!!

Hi Sir,
I have received entry visa from my perspective employer. They say that work visa will be arranged within 15 days on my arrival to Muscat. Is this OK or should I insist for work visa before proceeding. Can I join the company on entry visa? Is there something that I am missing out?

shashank.s wrote:

Hi Sir,
I have received entry visa from my perspective employer. They say that work visa will be arranged within 15 days on my arrival to Muscat. Is this OK or should I insist for work visa before proceeding. Can I join the company on entry visa? Is there something that I am missing out?

Hi shashank.s,

Many companies indulge in the practice of getting the employee first on a short-term visa, while they wait for the labour clearance / employment visa to be issued. They do so in the hope that they would be able to get the clearance and then the employment visa shortly. Sometimes they may get and sometimes they may not. These things cannot be said for sure.

For the employer, the risks involved are not so much. But for the employee the risks are huge. if the company manages to get the approvals, then all goes well. But if the delay stretches beyond the validity of the short-term visa, then the employee technically becomes an 'over-stayer'. And there is a daily fine attached to every day he / she stays in the Sultanate beyond the visa expiry date. Also as a newcomer, the options open before the employee would be very limited and he / she would be at the mercy of the employer.

It would be better to insist on joining work on a proper employment visa which comes with a validity period of 2-years to avoid any unnecessary hassles later on.