Denmark Sucks

Well there are several reasons for that. Here are just a few:

- Bad Weather

The weather in Denmark is extremely cold, dark and depressing. The summer is extremely short, lasting only a few months. Most of the time, it is either cold, dark, raining or snowing in Denmark. The weather changes constantly. This is not normal or healthy for any human being living in Denmark.

- Loneliness

People in Denmark gets everything paid by the state, but it also makes them egoistic, lonely and careless. The danes don't care about people around them, because they are well-fed with their houses,cars,food,flatscreen tv's, and so on. No reason to care for anyone else, when you have all the materialistic needs that you can have.

- Alcohol and Drug abuse

In denmark, people are known for drinking, a lot. This results in too much drinking, in a young age, which affects their later life, by dropping out of school and become alcoholics instead.

politiken.dk/newsinenglish/ECE951929/young-danes-die-from-drink/
dr.dk/Nyheder/Andre_sprog/English/2010/06/28/110022.htm

- Liers

Denmark, or at least a minority of danish people, participated in a small hoax about Denmark being "The happiest people on earth". It was a short segment, with two danes lying about their happiness, while 85% of the people interviewed in the segment werent even danish, but in fact american and british ( since they spoke with english accent ). It was also announced that the danes lied about donation to the poor people in Africa, but instead of spending the money on africas children, the danes took the money and, hold tight here, abused (!) the children instead.

ekstrabladet.dk/112/article1365507.ece

The danes where interviewed, and asked why they would do something horrible like that, but the danish womenn in the interview fought back using danish mentality, saying "We didn't do anything wrong, there is nothing wrong with that".

-------------------------------------------------------------

So this is just to put things in perspective, Denmark aren't a great country at all, far from, so students who travels to Denmark might reconsider their choice, there are actually people who leaves Denmark to live in Sweden,Finland,Mexico,Norway, and even Germany.

Hi,

I guess it's time for you to move ? What a negative post ...

I have already moved out and back to my home country again, will never, ever set feet in such a low country with a people named "danes", more low, self egoistic, hateful people are not found anywhere else.

Good then! I do not agree with you at all. Two of my best friends are Danes and they are so nice!! I do not know what you experienced there, but try not to be so negative. Where are you now?

True ,  i agree with you :)

very racism lows

Nice one!! So you in Denmark?

Well i've been to Denmark about 6 times and now live here i've yet to come across one of these danes you quote in your post. I used to live in Scotland try there your post describes the UK more than it does Denmark i've had nothing but friendly faces, lots of help and people willing to speak english to me. :p

Emran, excellent! let's all do like you, deny reality, cover it up with lies and yay! typical danish behaviour. You are definitely a danish person covering up the reality by lying. Smells like danish behaviour miles way.

Scottish, take a look at this video. youtube.com/watch?v=brKdb15-6T4

Read through the comments, you will realise that the Danish People are racists who insults everyone who disagree with them as well as people who tries to tell them the truth.

Let me tell you this. I broke my arm on my way back home one day, and i had to visit the danish healthcare, in a hospital in Denmark. All the danes has told me that they have the best healthcare and it was free and was the best.

Well guess what! The doctor there was a complete idiot, he kept saying nothing was wrong, though the x-ray clearly showed my arm was broke. Now one thing i noticed in the hospitals in Denmark is how dirty it was there! blood,grease,dirt everywhere!

Now i know that you will probably come up with danish-behaviour and deny everything, tell me no thats not true, and whatever danish people like you prefer doing.

Well how do you like this?

berlingske.dk/koebenhavn/hovedstadens-hospitaler-er-moegbeskidte

The danish newspaper berlingske showed that the hospitals in Denmark are extremely dirty, and amongst the dirtiest in Europe.

Quoted directly from the article:

Intensivstuer med døde fluer og spindelvæv, patienttoiletter med svamp samt operationsstuer med snavs og rust er virkeligheden på københavnske hospitaler.

Directly translated:

Hospital rooms with dead flies and spiderweb, toilets with rotten sponge, operation rooms with dirt and rust is the reality on the hospitals in copenhagen,denmark.

Notice the word REALITY being used. A word that seems difficult for you as well as a lot of other danes to understand. Denmark is far from a great country, the food products there are lousy, the hospital treatments sucks and the healthcare is crappy. The hospital treatments we have here in france are MUCH better. This is a bit of reality for you my danish friend, a terrifying word for you i know, but this is how it IS in Denmark, and far from as "great and friendly" as you try to make it sound.

Look, I understand you must have been through a lot of tough times and hardship during your stay in Denmark, and you might have come across some people who weren't very nice (as it is the case anywhere you live on this planet), but it is not fair to generalize the people of Denmark and brand them racist.
No, my friend - there are good people and bad people just about everywhere you go. Again, try to be a little positive in life!

Good luck whereever you are!

I don't understand why you would group the Danish people as a whole when you have experienced a handful of nasty people. You have idiots everywhere try walking down the streets of Glasgow at night you will find more than a rude racist person if you go to the bbc news scotland there are at least 3-4 cases where someone has be shot, stabbed, raped or killed there is bad everywhere to be honest.

The NHS in Scotland has a waiting list of months even for Cancer patients some so long that the patients die before getting their treatment. The Government is almost halfing the amount that goes to hospitals now so that to every 10 patients you are lucky if there is 2 nurses and unless your in serious trouble your not getting a bed for the night.

You can look at the bad and have sour grapes for the rest of your life with your bad experience jsut like i could have in Scotland where i lost my job alonside 2000 others due to the wipe out of a massive department in the Police due to the government cut backs but really why waste your time. Just find something you enjoy or a place you like living and start from there it's not a very nice thing to sterotype all Danes from a bad experience after all i could be wearing a tartin kilt drinking whiskey and shouting at the kids.

I think he had a bad experience.  At least he had the sense to move out.

ScottishGems you are right it is normally not a nice thing to stereotype, but the reason why the people in denmark are all the same is mostly because of Janteloven or the Jante Law. They are all the same.

Maybe the reason why i got shocked over how lousy the healthcare in Denmark is may be because i have lived in france where the healthcare is ranked number one.

photius.com/rankings/healthranks

I was shocked that the danish doctors could be so extremely cold,evil and rather disgusting. He gave me the typical danish-behaviour "deny reality and cover it up with a lie". which was exactly what he did. the x-rays CLEARLY showed that my arm was broke, yet this danish doctor just laughed and said no you are fine. What a prick. And the hospitals in Denmark are so dirty that you will probably end up becomming even more sick than you where before you joined the hospitals, which is ironic because going to the hospital is all about becoming healthy, and not getting even more sick like a lot of the patients on the danish hospitals becomes.

Hello

to be brief....i am always shocked at the amount of people who will tell you "be positive", and "its not all that bad"......

I have lived in Denmark and i CAN NOT EMPHASIZE how much i AGREE WITH WHAT KINGOFHAPPINESS IS SAYING!!!!

this S H I T hole in northern europe is the biggest scam i have ever seen.....and i have lived for 20 years in ex- yugoslavia, albania, USSR, 10 years in Congo......"congo" people.....and some other real shitholes!!!!

Denmark is a joke of a country.....and if you did not experience this, maybe you should exit your comfy apartments and take a walk around!!!!

HOW CAN YOU BE SO BLIND?????

Kingofhappyness respect to you!!!

I agree with Kingofhappyness.

Luckily Denmark is a free country and you can leave if you do not like to be there. Which I think everybody who is complaining should do. BTW how do your countries rank on the happiness and healthcare lists?? Maybe you should go home to your own countries and make them liveable instead of coming and shitting in other people's backyard.

[moderated: vulgar comments]

Sarahk wrote:

Luckily Denmark is a free country and you can leave if you do not like to be there. Which I think everybody who is complaining should do. BTW how do your countries rank on the happiness and healthcare lists?? Maybe you should go home to your own countries and make them liveable instead of coming and shitting in other people's backyard.

This has to be one of the most moronic responses I've ever read here, and that is saying quite a lot, I might add.

So that's the ticket: just up and leave if we're unhappy? You must be a dream employee if you take your own advice.

The OP has every right to criticize healthcare in Denmark, coming from France as he does. Studies consistently show the tax-funded medical care in France is superior in every way to DK. That's reality, but go ahead and try and dansplain the error of the studies.

And no, I'm not leaving. I like annoying clueless expats and ignorant Danes too much to leave just yet.

haha! i must say, i agree with the first 3 points of your original post. i don't think they are all liars, though; most of them really believe it is the truth when they read it in the papers. :P

that said, there are some pretty awful people here.. but you wouldn't be hard-pressed to find them in other countries. if i had a dime for every time someone was a jerk to me in los angeles, i'd have enough to buy an apartment there.

anyway congratulations on moving out of denmark. like some other foreigners living here, i actually do want to "go back where i came from," at times (especially when it is yelled it at me).. but it isn't as simple as that since i'm married to a dane who doesn't want to leave.

Yes Fuzzy, that is the trick, if you move to a country and do not like it there.... Leave.!

I myself am an expat in South Africa, and I am very careful not to talk bad about S.A. because I am just a guest here. I would also not go into my neighbour's house and start telling him that his furniture is ugly, his flowers stink and his cooking tastes bad, I would be courteous and treat my host with respect, and yes, if I do not like it there I will leave and not come back.   

But then again, some people are rather simple, and it seems that you, unfortunately, are one of them.

I think everything was said. This discussion is closed.

Closed