Transfer of social visit pass

has anyone experience of transferring a social visit pass SVP from an old (cancelled) non-Malaysian passport to a new non-Malaysian passport? I can find news saying this needs to be done but not how to do it. Would I go to Expatriate Services Division? Immigration in Sri Hartamas? Any info welcome. thanks

Ask your Malaysian partner for assistance. The application to transfer the remaining balance of the LTSVP should be done where you received the SVP in the beginning.

You are actually staying illegally in Malaysia because you did not transfer the SVP into your new passport before the old one was cancelled. So hurry up.

maybe im not sure of the terms used but i i entered on 90 day social visit, not a long term pass. then had to get a new passport by sending the old one back. so the new one is blank, the old one has my entry stamp with still 2  months to expiry

Suggest you talk to the HQ.

Headquarters of the Immigration Department Malaysia
(Ministry of Home Affairs)
Level 1-7 (Podium) No 15
Persiaran Perdana, Precint 2
62550 Putrajaya

Tel: 03-8000 8000

You will need to show both passports to get it sorted out. Cancelled passports are always handed back to you. If not then perhaps you have a photocopy?

Anyway, don't delay because you are illegal if you cant show a valid entry stamp. The longer you leave it the worse it will become.

thanks a lot for the info.  i will see what the department says.

There is an immigration database in use now, so it should be easy for immigration to identify your entry if you don't have proof. You don't mention the circumstances, but if your passport was stolen while you were in Malaysia you need to make a Police Report as well.