Looking for some information..

Hi everyone.

Currently living in Thailand, but is moving back to EU soon, and was thinking about Bulgaria, Varna as its a great city.
However.. Its very different to do a quick holiday than to live there, hence i need some information.
Hope you can help me out ?

1. Is the internet fast ? (need 10mb approx for movie streaming, skype and work).

2. I have seen some very nice apartments online that have 2 bedrooms, and balcony, and overall looks very good. The prices are approx 400euro. Is this a decent/normal price range, or cheap/expensive for the area.. ?

3. I am guessing you are all expats (like myself), but would you recommend someone to move there (Varna), or would you move another place (city or country) given the chance to start over again ?..

4.  I do not have a driver license. is is possible to "pay someone" to buy a license, (as it is in most corrupt places, like in Thailand) or can i get the normal way, even i am not a citizen (I am from Scandinavia) ?.
Would like to know both if its possible to buy license, and also if can get normal way..

Thank you, and hope you can take 2 minutes to answer ;-)

Appreciate it.

1.It is.It's also pretty cheap.
2.It really depends on the area.If you're looking to get a place in the central area prices can go up to 900euros a sq.m.
At the price you're talking about  you can probably get a place at the end areas of the city.
3.I'm a local here and i've never really lived anywhere else so I can't give you a good opinion on that.What I can tell you is that Varna is prefered by most expats.
4.I'd suggest you go with the legal ways otherwise you'll probably get ripped off.

1. I had 40 mbps for 20 bgn/month. Never had a problem. (That was through MSAT... which companies are available depend on which area you live in).

2. There are a variety of apartments available... depending on what quality, space, and location you want. For a two bedroom we were looking at 500 bgn (250 euro) around the train station and in Asparyhovo (not the center, but a nice area). These were not luxury places, but they were clean, safe, and had the necessary furniture. Be very careful before you sign a lease and NEVER pay more than 1 month's deposit (you will very likely not get your deposit back, no matter what the condition of the apartment is.)

3. I hated Varna, but I seem to be the exception. Like most big cities, it was difficult to make quality connections and there were plenty of people trying to take advantage of foreigners... I now live in a smaller town and love it... but that is just my personal preference. The beach/sea in Varna is great, it has a decent night life and interesting things to do/see year round, so it is likeable by most.

4. Definitely take the course and get your license. It is around 600 lev (300 euro) and will take a month or two (classes and practical driving). You can take the course as soon as you have your residence permit.

Ah my bad.Thought you were talking about prices for buying a place.You can probably rent a small place for around 300 euros a month in the central area of Varna.