Kingdom Compound Coffee Morning

CAF wrote:

Im SO SORRY!  :sosad::sosad::sosad:
I have to back out of tomorrow's get together at Kingdom.  I am stuck in Casablanca, Morocco.  We got a late start out of Marrakech and missed the connection here in Casablanca.  So now we get into Riyadh tomorrow at noon-ish... 

There is another Coffee at Al Hamra on the 9th, so lets plan to attend...  :):D

So sorry to have missed you at Kingdom!! I hope you got back safely :)
I'm planning on going to Al hamra on the 9th, do you know if you have to register?
Hopefully I'll see everyone there :D

Thanx for the welcome guys:)

So it looks like majority rules(lol)
Well we(hubby n i)dont live in a compound:( so it makes it abit difficult to meet other expats...
The area we live in is called Salahidin(nt sure if thats the correct spelling.it's near the saharah/hayat mall.....
I hope to meet u ladies soon:)

CAF wrote:

Check it out guys, the Eagles flock is growing!  :top:

YEsh Yesh :P

Hi!
I'll be at Al hamra tomorrow just until 11:00 if anyone wants to meet up for a coffee?
Zara xx

I'll be there too...   We havent chatted in a while so lets have coffee - I'll grab a table when I get there...

CAF wrote:

I'll be there too...   We havent chatted in a while so lets have coffee - I'll grab a table when I get there...

see you tomorrow :)

ok...  :top:

when is the next coffee morning in Kingdom compound??

6 Dec, 930-1130.  Enjoy!  :)

:(

Yes, Shabby, I know you have to work!   Thats the price you pay for being young and famous!  :lol::lol::lol: 

I was once in your shoes too!  Now Im just a plain old Domestic Goddess having some fun and reaping the rewards of years past...  :D 

Enjoy your day!

I also have to work now :(
But hopefully I will be going to Salwa on the 10th :D

Have Fun Ladies.
We should guys to arange like this event for us.
Does everyone agree with?

Welcome to the amazing place . I do agree with u slyshooter!

Where is the exact place? Can I enjoy with you guys?:)

will they have party for the new year?

Ans wrote:

Where is the exact place? Can I enjoy with you guys?:)

You know Ans, I don't know the answer to that question.  The Coffee is held on The Kingdom Compound for the expat residents.  There are strict rules regarding cover for women, as its not allowed while on the compound.  So if you were willing to uncover you may be able to attend as a guest.

will they have party for the new year?

The Compound may have a holiday party for its residents, but there are no more Coffee mornings there until next year.

Hi all, Kingdom was a blast this week, mainly due to the last one for the year it was as if every woman and her purse was there to just spend, spend, spend!  CAF & I met up and had some fun also!

Maybe a suggestion for other women who, for whatever reason, cannot get to these coffee mornings, would be for someone to arrange a 'woman meet-up' at somewhere in town.  I cannot recall the name of the restaurant right now, but it is near Kingdom and it has a lovely roof top restaurant that would easily accommodate a group of 15 women if a prior booking was reserved.  Why don't someone do something like that - we can have our own Expat-Blog Coffee Morning? 

Just a suggestion so people don't feel left out!:)  Who wants to take this up and arrange something?

I think this is a lovely idea.  Lets do it!  :D:D:D

Yay, CAF - well done for this rapid pick-up - I am going to start calling you the "Coffee Queen" :D

How about Mon 13th Dec - I have a University paper deadling to make but 'inshallah' will be done by then!  :rolleyes:

Would suggest 11:30 for 12noon so any women who work in town can join in during their lunchtime (assuming they get lunch)? Also, a central location will be easier for others to get to as some of the Compounds are way out for them.

I will check the name of that restaurant and get back, but anyone else can come up with some suggestions on the venue.

;)  That I am!  :lol::lol::lol:

hi.. i am all for the expat ladies coffee morning... CAF, my offer still stands...

Now I have it, that venue I was talking about is:

Le Notre in Centria Mall, Thalia street

You Rock GO!  I'm there! 

1130am, ready to meet some new members, have some great chit chat and indulge in some good food!  :top:

See you all then!  :D

CAF, i am like your son!

OH. Ok CAF, I hope to see you for the next opportunities.
Thanks,

Sure Shabby!  Why not, Im sure I could use another son....  :) 

I must tell you though, it comes with strings... You have to take care of hubby and I when we are old and can't take care of ourselves...  :D:D And that doesn't mean sticking us in the closet of your home and throwing away the key!  :mad::lol::lol::lol:

CAF wrote:

Sure Shabby!  Why not, Im sure I could use another son....  :) 

I must tell you though, it comes with strings... You have to take care of hubby and I when we are old and can't take care of ourselves...  :D:D And that doesn't mean sticking us in the closet of your home and throwing away the key!  :mad::lol::lol::lol:

Shahab, you would end up divorcing them as your parents, they are high maintenance!!! :lol:  Just build a garden shed for them to stay in :lol::lol:

:o:o:o   Hey GO, I thought we were friends!  :lol::lol::lol:

ha ha ha... sure CAF... i will never do something of that sort anytime to anyone...
and max, thanks, point noted ;)

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Maybe a suggestion for other women who, for whatever reason, cannot get to these coffee mornings, would be for someone to arrange a 'woman meet-up' at somewhere in town.  I cannot recall the name of the restaurant right now, but it is near Kingdom and it has a lovely roof top restaurant that would easily accommodate a group of 15 women if a prior booking was reserved.  Why don't someone do something like that - we can have our own Expat-Blog Coffee Morning? 

Just a suggestion so people don't feel left out!:)  Who wants to take this up and arrange something?

You read my mind Go :)
As a working gal now I'd still love to meet up during the weekdays for an afternoon tea and catch-up. Is the place you're thinking of attached to the Centria mall? If so, I've heard that it's very nice :)

zara777 wrote:
gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Maybe a suggestion for Just a suggestion so people don't feel left out!:)  Who wants to take this up and arrange something?

You read my mind Go :)
As a working gal now I'd still love to meet up during the weekdays for an afternoon tea and catch-up. Is the place you're thinking of attached to the Centria mall? If so, I've heard that it's very nice :)

Good idea. I'll be there from tomorrow.:)

OK - just to confirm the details:

Mon 13 Dec
11:30 for 12noon

CAF and I will be there to meet up with you - try and make it, will be great to meet up :)

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Mon 13 Dec

CAF and I will be there to meet up with you - try and make it, will be great to meet up :)

Ok. just to confirm: did you mean "Olia street" right?

Zara - do you have time to meet us?  Just take the day off and come on down!  :D:D  Tell them you have something VERY IMPORTANT to do before you leave for the holidays!  :lol::lol::lol:

Ans wrote:
gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Mon 13 Dec

Ok. just to confirm: did you mean "Olia street" right?

No, I meant Thalia Street - it is NOT Olya Street:

Restaurant Café Le nôtre
La Centria Mall, Tahlia St. Riyadh, KSA
T: +966 (1) 2791108

Hi all, OK I need to make sure we are not wasting our time with this.  Can you please send a pm to me if you are an Expat and you intend to go to the Expat.com Coffee 'meet-up'on Mon 13 Dec at 11:30 for 12noon at Restaurant Café Lenôtre, La Centria Mall, Tahlia St. Riyadh, KSA, T: +966 (1) 2791108

If we do not receive any confirmations by 5pm Sun 12th then we will cancel the gathering.

Oh man!!!!I m so bored and i have changed my routine too.Now i sleep in nights only:(
It seems i should have seen the post bit earlier :@

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Hi all, OK I need to make sure we are not wasting our time with this.  Can you please send a pm to me if you are an Expat and you intend to go to the Expat.com Coffee 'meet-up'on Mon 13 Dec at 11:30 for 12noon at Restaurant Café Lenôtre, La Centria Mall, Tahlia St. Riyadh, KSA, T: +966 (1) 2791108

If we do not receive any confirmations by 5pm Sun 12th then we will cancel the gathering.

CAF and I will be meeting up with the Expat.com ladies at Le Notre Cafe in Centria Mall this morning, we look forward to meeting with you then.  Our heads will not be covered, so you will easily see us - so just come up and say "hi", we look forward to meeting with you :)

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
gowiththeflowUK wrote:

CAF and I will be meeting up with the Expat.com ladies at Le Notre Cafe in Centria Mall this morning, we look forward to meeting with you then.  Our heads will not be covered, so you will easily see us - so just come up and say "hi", we look forward to meeting with you :)

We will be outside on the Terrace at the above stated location and times.