BA during Christmas

Hi,

We are spending a couple of weeks in BA at Christmas and would like to find the best way to find out if there are any concerts or events happening that might be fun to attend.  Will be in town between Dec 19 and Jan 2/11.

Cheers
Jazzdog

Welcome to Expat.com, Jazzdog :)
I hope some of the active members of the forum will be able to inform you very soon!
Cheers
Arlette

Here are some links to websites with events listings.  The last one is the official site of the City of Buenos Aires, but probably the weakest event guide (hence its placement at the end of the list).

eventful.com/events?geo=city_id:2341692

whatsupbuenosaires.com/wuba2/

buenosairesnightguide.com/

http://www.bue.gov.ar/home/index.php?lang=en

Thanks for the sites.  We had been planning to go to Casa Cruz for dinner one night -- had really enjoyed it when we were there earlier this year but keep reading lots of negative reviews about it now.  If anyone has any suggestions would greatly appreciate it -- we are celebrating my husband's 50th so are looking for something amazing.

Cheers

Lots of people vacation during the holidays, but it's pretty quiet here in BsAs over Christmas and New Years. I don't like the tango shows (being a tango dancer and teacher), but even so, on Christmas and New Year's Eve they triple the prices, because the truth is, there's not a lot of other entertainment those 2 nights. And a HUGE problem is that there is no transportation on those two nights until about 3 in the a.m.

I don't like Casa Cruz because it seems exactly like a funeral home, but many folks do like it.

If it were me, I would book two nights on a far island in the Delta de Tigre, and go and relax and enjoy the greenery, the sun, the water, the nature and the summertime. My personal favorite is Puerta la Pista.

Of course, being a tango teacher, I think the best present you can give to yourself and your husband would be tango lessons while you are here!

I agree with Cherie. Things can be difficult on Christmas and New Years and prices can suck at the few places open and worthwhile.  Cherie's advice about the Delta is great, but be sure to check into things and book in advance.