Help and info on Bulgaria

Hi everyone, im new here and joined hoping to get some help and info on Bulgaria, basically, it the property really so cheap ? I cant believe the prices of some of the farms and house, is it true ?  or is there a catch ?

thanks

Jim

no catch pal .....welcome to bulgaria :D

Hey Jimbug, and welcome.

Like so  many things, (like everything I can think of), all that glitters isn't gold.

I'm sure you can get houses somewhere In Bulgaria for 500 quid, but this is just the beginning of things.

I tend to be a very frugal person, (tight arse/mean) and I paid 33K for my apartment close to the beach in a major city center.

I guess that at the end of the day it cost about 36K. But the same type of property in The UK costs about 150K.

I think the main considerations for a place in the sticks are electricity, water, a couple of shops, and health services. But I wanted to be central to everything.

Also is the property covered by “Act 16”. This makes it a residence and allows you to apply for Bulgarian Residency.

Listen Jimbug. These are just a few things I've found out through experience, and perhaps I'm mistaken with some of them.

So far I'm really pleased with my move to Bulgaria. Even though it was confusing at first, and perhaps even scary.

I have to go now. I said I'd meet some people on the beach for lunch…    :-)

Best wishes for the future…. Mike

Re:- Things to consider.... The Internet.

Bulgaria has the fastest Internet IN THE WORLD !!! Although sometimes I would question this statement...

Mike

Hi everyone,

@jimbug, welcome to expat-blog  :)

I created a new thread from your post on the Bulgaria forum, along with some of the feedbacks you had. You will be more likely to get interactions with members of this forum from this thread.

Best of luck, ;)
Bhavna

Hi Jim,,,You can pick up some bargains,,but be carefull,as there are bad buys,,get a good builder to inspect property,and make sure there are no debts on property,,ive been living here in Vinograd for 3 months,,bought a lovely place which would cost a fortune in UK,,and have a local builder help me with renovation,,you will find also that materials & labour is also much cheaper than UK,,,hoping this helps you,,,eddie

No mate spend our queens pounds mate, you'll be right!
Welcome to the forum. (Take your time going through properties though, consider getting to rural areas, flight paths from airports, villages can be remote part of the attraction to me, but have a look at the type of area you want to be near, nature, hills, beach, lakes etc....)
Cheers Steve.