Howdy Folks.

Hi, my name is Pete. I am currently living in south west Turkey with my Turkish wife, four large dogs, a cat and dozens of chickens. I have a small spread of about 1.3 Acres on the outskirts of town. We are pretty isolated here and life is sweet but this is Turkey and Turkey has changed.

America is my  Matriarchal ancestral home as my Grandfather hails from there and in turn probably hails from Ireland which makes me think he lived in New York State.

There is more but as yet I have had no acknowledgement of my arrival, so it's back to you guys.

Pete.

kemerkid wrote:

Hi, my name is Pete. I am currently living in south west Turkey with my Turkish wife, four large dogs, a cat and dozens of chickens. I have a small spread of about 1.3 Acres on the outskirts of town. We are pretty isolated here and life is sweet but this is Turkey and Turkey has changed.

America is my  Matriarchal ancestral home as my Grandfather hails from there and in turn probably hails from Ireland which makes me think he lived in New York State.

There is more but as yet I have had no acknowledgement of my arrival, so it's back to you guys.

Pete.

Welcome, what else do you want to tell us ...

Hi mugtech and thank you for your welcome message.
I guess if I tell you all there is to know about me on my first post I will spend the rest of my time here just reading others comments but I can tell you that I am old.... very old.

So are you thinking of moving back to the  USA?
If you are staying in Turkey, perhaps you should post on that forum.
Age does not matter unless it is affecting  you in some way.
What are your plans?

Ah plans...... I didn't know I needed a plan. I just joined a forum.

I note with interest that you live or are located in Bethlehem. Now I always thought that was a Palestinian town. However a little research tells me it is in Pennsylvania and is nicknamed the Steel City.

You have a famous cleric of ours living there, Fethullah Gülen. He's fallen out of favour with our Big Guy and it looks like he will end his days there.

Am I glad I didn't have a plan when I got here, I probably would have been so busy I would have missed that interesting fact.

kemerkid wrote:

Ah plans...... I didn't know I needed a plan. I just joined a forum.

I note with interest that you live or are located in Bethlehem. Now I always thought that was a Palestinian town. However a little research tells me it is in Pennsylvania and is nicknamed the Steel City.

You have a famous cleric of ours living there, Fethullah Gülen. He's fallen out of favour with our Big Guy and it looks like he will end his days there.

Am I glad I didn't have a plan when I got here, I probably would have been so busy I would have missed that interesting fact.

Actually Bethlehem is known as Christmas City, steel shut down last century.
For the most part these threads are designed to help people who are expats live in their new country or get information to people who are considering relocating.

So what you are telling me is that this forum is discriminatory and more especially so to people without a plan who have not yet made up their mind where they might want to live next.

kemerkid wrote:

So what you are telling me is that this forum is discriminatory and more especially so to people without a plan who have not yet made up their mind where they might want to live next.

Not discriminatory, but rather a source of information for people whether or not they have decided to become or remain expats.  There are rules, such as religion and politics are not allowed, and each post should be about the topic of the thread or start a new thread with a topic that is expat related.  No one will be discussing the NY Yankees or the Grateful Dead unless it pertains to expat life.