Moving to Holland - Need assistance to get a work visa.

My wife is Dutch and our two littleys have passports, but for us to move to Holland together as a family, I'd need to have a work visa.

Any assistance with getting one please.

I'm an Industrial Property Broker at present. I was also a teacher for 15 years, 7 of those in London.

I have a BA (HDE) and a TESOL diploma.

Thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike,

What passport does your wife have?

Regards
Tanya

She has a Netherlands Passport.

She could move there on her own with the kids and set up home, then send for me, but that would seperate us as a family for at least 3 months.

Better would be for me to have a work visa

Ok, I am not sure if there are additional steps for a Dutch spouse but here is how we did it:

I have a German passport and my hubby is South African.

1.  The following paperwork must be Apostille stamped before you arrive.  Check the DIRCO website for details as to where your closest branch of DIRCO is.  This is free.
- Unabridged marriage certificate
- your unabridged birth certificate
- all tertiary qualifications excluding TESOL
- a police clearance (you can get this from any police station. It takes about 4 weeks and costs around R100).
- any previous divorce certificates

2.  Apply for a Schengen Spousal visa which is a tourist visa that you get for free.
3. When you get here register with the IND under the EU Spousal Act.  You will get immediate permission to apply for your BSN and residency permission.
4. Once you have your BSN (it takes about 4 weeks ) you are allowed to work and live here. You can then cancel your return plane ticket and apply to get your compulsory  medical aid here.

Hope this helps.

If you have any further questions feel free to send us a private message.

Regards
Tanya

Look at the EU treaty 2004/38 which deals with the non-EU families accompanying or joining an EU spouse. You will need to apply for verification under EU law. My family were given a multiple entry visa for a year.