American Airlines Planning to Fly DFW-UIO

From the Dallas Morning News:

American Airlines is seeking permission to fly between Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Quito, Ecuador.

In an application filed with the U.S. Department of Transportation, American said it plans to operate the service beginning Dec. 18 with five round trips a week.

Although American flies to Quito from its Miami hub, the new flight would mark the first Quito flights from American's largest hub at D/FW Airport.

The article says that "the U.S.-Ecuador air treaty has 48 weekly flights available to U.S. carriers that haven't been allocated."

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/airl … cuador.ece

So you Texans are runnin' out of excuses to miss the mystical sights and sounds of the Navedad doin's in Ecuador's capital next Christmas.

Y'all hear?

cccmedia in Quito

cccmedia wrote:

So you Texans are runnin' out of excuses to miss the mystical sights and sounds of the Navedad doin's in Ecuador's capital next Christmas.

Y'all hear?

cccmedia in Quito

Maybe you posted on wrong thread??

suefrankdahl wrote:

Maybe you posted on wrong thread?

Isn't this the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, to Quito thread?

Anyway, better here than the Cheap Hotels thread.

cccmedia in Quito

Good.

Anything has to be better than the clown show that is flying Houston --> S. America, and return.

Because every living human being who goes south of the border is a drug dealer, mmkay?

God I hate IAH.

cccmedia wrote:
suefrankdahl wrote:

Maybe you posted on wrong thread?

Isn't this the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, to Quito thread?

Anyway, better here than the Cheap Hotels thread.

cccmedia in Quito

My mistake, Sorry

gardener1 wrote:

Because every living human being who goes south of the border is a drug dealer, mmkay?

God I hate IAH.

On my many former trips to Panama I often had to endure a German Shepard on the jetway sticking its nose in my crotch sniffing for money, according to the armed agent whom I hoped did not inadvertently give the "attack" signal.  This was in DFW.

SawMan wrote:
gardener1 wrote:

God I hate IAH.

On my many former trips to Panama I often had to endure a German Shepard on the jetway sticking its nose in my crotch sniffing for money, according to the armed agent whom I hoped did not inadvertently give the "attack" signal.  This was in DFW.

:lol:

SawMan wrote:

I often had to endure a German Shepard on the jetway sticking its nose in my crotch sniffing for money, according to the armed agent whom I hoped did not inadvertently give the "attack" signal.  This was in DFW.

Don't let that deter you from buying a seat on one of the first Fort Worth area to Quito flights as soon as the FAA green-lights them.

Shock Doctor's reasonably-priced crotch protectors are available at www.mmawarehouse.com;)

cccmedia in Quito

American got their approval.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2015 … ador.html/

The U.S. Department of Transportation this week approved the request of American Airlines for authority to fly between Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Quito, Ecuador, its first nonstop service between D/FW and Ecuador.

DOT required American to begin its five flights a week within 10 days of American's planned startup date, Dec. 18.

Ecuador's approval is still needed.

DFW forecast for this week (week including July 4th)...highs in the mid 90s all week.

Howdy, Texans, hot enough for ya?

Don't wait for Ecuador to approve those flights that start in December.  Come on down now!  Quito welcomes you.

For more persuasion, visit the Ecuador forum thread titled Quito Expats Welcome Texans This Summer.

cccmedia in Quito, OP of Welcome Texans thread

Time and temperature brought to you by La Hora:
Quito daily highs this week 71-74 degrees F.