Got my Nie - but what about the other number...

... that I need to be able to work officially? Is it Social Security or something?
Any advice? I have the form, but...

Ta!

You can get the SS number if you're employed by some spanish company... if you're working by yourself i can check it out for you...

No, I'm employed by a Spanish Company - but the form is all in Spanish - and, more importantly, how do I find out where to go and when and what to take?!?

normally your company's gestor should deal with that.  if you have a proper work contract they would normally do it for you as they also have to do the ALTA for you in their workplace.  Was your NIE with your photograph or just a piece of paper?  If it is just a piece of paper without any photograph, with all official bodies you have to go with the NIE and your passport.

My Nie is just a piece of paper. So I will go with my passport as well. I know where my local office is - but my question is - when will it open?!?! The website is spectacularly unhelpful in this respect...
Can anyone here work it out?!?! I don't want to get up at the crack of dawn unnecessarily...

seg-social.es/Internet_1/Oficinas/Listado/index.htm?Comu=C&loc=2&Cod=08&Cod_Centro=1&Ini=0&Org=S#2

hi
normally should attend the public between the hours of 0900 and 1400 hours.  go in and get speak to the information desk and ask for
quiero dar el alta en la seguridad social
and they should give you a number and you just have to wait for it to come up on the board.
if you want me to come along with you and translate send me a message as i have some mornings free.

Ah, thanks very much, but I got it yesterday! On monday I went to my local office, listed in the link I showed previously, and, of course, the office was shut! Deserted! Vacant! So I had to go to a different office, where there was a massive queue! So I went back there yesterday and only had to wait an hour... but thanks - got it.

great stuff.  now all  you have to do is pay..........!!!!!