Rotterdam- Can't get a bsn

Hi,

I'm Chris and I recently started living and studying in Rotterdam. In order to avoid high living costs I live with two roommates in an apartment that is meant for only two people. Therefore, I do not have a rental contract and I cannot register at my address as it has reached full capacity. But I need to obtain a bsn number before 2011, because otherwise the dutch ministry of education cannot recognize me as a student from the EEA and I have to pay the higher tuition fees.

My question is- where could I find a person who would be willing to fill out and sign a declaration that I can register at his/her address in exchange for money?

Perhaps you have some better ideas about solving my problem, do not hesitate to tell them. :)

p.s. I  have heard something about a temporary residence number for workers which is pretty much the same as bsn. Any info on that?

Thank you very much!

Hi mate, I'm English, moved here recently and have found getting a BSN to be very difficult. I have an apartment but I've now discovered I need a permit to live there which takes weeks before I can get a BSN.

However you can get a sofinumber which is pretty much the same as a BSN. It's the same number. Call 0800-0543 then option 3 then 2, to be out through to someone. You can make an appointment with the Belastingdiesnt to get a sofi. They are on Laan Op Zuid. Take your passport, and any other id.

Hope this helps.