Pet cats in Mauritius

Hi all!
I'm new to this forum, and very happy to come across it! My husband qualifies for a Mauritian passport by descent as his mother is from Mauritius- so we hope to move over as soon as we get all that sorted.

We have two beloved cats that we would like to bring with us. I have looked into all the options and believe I am on top of all the necessary information prior to and after arrival. My question is not really about how they will get there - but more about how they will adapt to Mauritius once there. Does anyone currently living in Mauritius have pet cats with them? I'm worried about two domesticated, pampered kitties surviving!

Hello cleo82 and welcome on board

You may browse and participate on threads in our forum section Pets in Mauritius to gather some infos from Pets owners directly.

Many locals have cats here any several expatriates too have brought theirs from Europe, and they do just fine!

Do not worry! :top:

Regards
Kenjee

They will adapt just fine :)

Usual things, keep in for the first week etc

There are a few people on here that have shipped their cats over from various Countries around the World with no problems - hopefully they will see your post and reply with their experiences to you.

We brought 2 dogs with us and they have adapted fine only thing we do with them is have them shaved every couple of months due to the heat in the Summer months, but I suppose this will not apply with cats, as they don't go running around like mad things at the slightest noise like my dogs do ;)
Good luck

I visited Mauritius recently and sending wishes up to the heavens about settling in Mauritius.  My one concern was bringing my cat to Mauritius. Very glad to hear that it is possible.

Hi,
I am moving to Mauritius from Canada in July and am bringing my cat with me. The procedure is complicated but if you follow all the steps there should be no issues in obtaining an import permit. You should get in touch with Mrs. Boodoo of the MoA at Reduit. She will give you all necessary info. I will send you the email of this person as i don't have it with me right now. Good luck!