Marrying a Moroccon national

I just wanted to know is it possible to get married to a Moroccan national, with out having to go through arranging all the paperwork that foreign nationals normally do? such as police records, certificates of non-independent etc, and if it is possible, can you still sponsor the Moroccan national to join you as your spouse? because I heard it is possible to get married just by doing an Islamic nikka from the mosque, and as long as the girl has her 2 witnesses, you can get married with out going through the court.

Nikah 'urfi is a "customary" Sunni Muslim marriage contract that is not registered with state authorities. This form of marriage does not require witnesses. Couples repeat the words, "We got married" and pledge commitment, although there are many other informal ways in which people marry `urfi. Usually a paper, stating that the two are married, is written and at least two witnesses sign it, although others may record their commitment on a cassette tape and use other forms of documentation. Most Arab countries do not recognize 'Urfi marriages and do not allow partners to get a 'legal' divorce since the government does not recognize the legality of the marriage in the first place. Sometimes these relationships are a way for people to have sex with each other within what is perceived to be a licit framework. Nevertheless, the relationship is often kept secret from family members and women often become pregnant but are unable to prove they are married or get a divorce.[1]
This is the definition from Wikipedia or in other words - a license to sleep together

Many thanks for your reply, so Islamically this marriage is recognised, but not by the Moroccan law? so as u say, if there is some sort of civilissue, the moroccan woman will have no right as her marriage was not registered at the court?

its just a license to live together wrapped up .
Seriously think hard before you commit to this 'marriage' look on here and on the web for marriage scams and sham marriages - most but not all - are after a way into another country and out of morocco - love does not enter into it x

sure, I totally understand this, its because I feel this girl does seem sincere, and don't have any real reason to believe she will scam me. r u aware whether its possible to bring the moroccon over to the UK on a spouse via, with this type of marriage? i.e: not registered at the court, but at the mosque only as a nikka?

no real reason but there is a 'reason' why you are thinking this?
You will even have difficulty getting your 'wife' into the UK whatever sort of marriage you have with her and immigration will check you both out.
The long game will be played !

Urfi marriages are an option in Egypt. Doubt Morocco has it. I'm pretty sure the only marriage that is possible there is the very long one you're keen to avoid, for reasons only you know. Do you have a criminal record or something? I'm kidding. Trust me, if there was a short-cut route to getting married in Morocco, many would of chosen that option, rather than go through the lengthy one. Whoever you heard this from, go back to them, and ask them if they actually know someone who took this option, and how it worked out. The only "Islamic" marriage I've heard about in Morocco, is the one that everyone goes through, where it's done at the Adoul's Office & Court. I don't think you can simply walk into a mosque, along with her & her witnesses, and walk out married.

phoenixinuk wrote:

its just a license to live together wrapped up .
Seriously think hard before you commit to this 'marriage' look on here and on the web for marriage scams and sham marriages - most but not all - are after a way into another country and out of morocco - love does not enter into it x

She hasn't told him she's scamming him, as a matter of fact, she told him she loves him. Loves him very much. So that's all that matters. It's not a scam, unless she says she is not genuine and only after a British Passport. She has not said that, so it's not a scam. It's real. Please do not put doubts into his head. I've never heard of a Moroccan marriage-scam. It's always a loving relationship, never about a visa or money, and long may that continue.

Oh XB23 you old romantic !
Who am I to doubt their feelings, tell me when the wedding is and I will come and throw confetti lol

Hi never heard of a Moroccan marriage scam? It is full of them. Check the internet for heart broken me and women. If you loves you why doesn't he or she marry you in full and offer security and the family know too. Yes it removes apparantly in some Muslims the guilt of a sex relationship but that is rubbish and 'opt' out quick.
It is like Christianity sadly full of rules and you need to understand whatever type of marriage you are going into will be difficult with different cultures and religion
Getting someone to the UK with this marriage I doubt would work as took 3 times of applying for a friend of mine to bring a full married Moroccan and they go through your bank account expecting to see a good salary, savings and no benefits - big  no
Take your time - love makes you blind and that can mean for both of you..Time is always the big element I believe in these relationships and 'red flags'. No money, visas or promises - be careful, take time and be happy but more important be wise my friend

Marathon49, as a Brit, I thought you would sense my sarcasm? Another Brit did.

Hi XB sorry didn't know you were a Brit and don't see the joke - just trying to help- both Moroccans and Western side and not judging either..just warning people in love wearing rose coloured.

Take care

Marathon49 wrote:

Hi XB sorry didn't know you were a Brit and don't see the joke - just trying to help- both Moroccans and Western side and not judging either..just warning people in love wearing rose coloured.

Take care

It wasn't a joke. It was simply trying to get him to realize how utterly ridiculous the whole idea was. That's my way of helping him. And I highly doubt they are in 'love'. As there isn't enough time for that. Because I won't be surprised if they've only known each other for a very very short period of time. As it's not un-usual for a non-EU national, to try to get a Western citizen to marry them asap after meeting online, or while on holiday. In the past, I had someone sending me a private message asking me about the marriage process in Morocco. And he has only known her for 10 days, on Skype, after meeting online. They haven't even met in person, and he wants to fly there to get married to her. A lot of Western/North African marriages I come across are just laughable, and they wonder why the majority of them end in tears. I don't know how they don't realize they are being used as a bridge to the West. They deserve all the losses they will inevitably face.