Weekly tour guides for hire

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Ecuador (Cuenca) this Nov. 2015.  We are very excited, scared, anxious, thrilled and frantic....!! about making this move from North Carolina to a  place on the other side of the world.  None the less we are doing our homework and preparing for this lifestyle change.I feel like the good ole USA is slowly kicking us out I mean those of us that can't afford to have our life style compromised by the continuing cost of  little things like food, heat, healthcare taxes, fuel cost, and list goes on.  Someone on social security can only contend with these increases for so long then it almost gets to the point where  you're almost living our of a box....!!! I don't understand why anyone would want to gome to the US with the cost of iiving being what it is......!!!! just healthcare for my husband and I is currently costing us 900.00 a  month!!! and you already know it will NEVER go down.... that's just healthcare, we won't discuss the cost of heating our home, try to eat healty and the cost goes through the roof for food.  ECUADOR HERE WE COME....!!!! I digress ....sorry..!!
my questions is....how do I go about hiring a guide (for a week) to show us around and explain several things to us while we're there....this is our first trip of many before we actually settle in
our new country and our new home, would like to take a few baby steps rather than diving in head first...I was wondering if someone knew an expat that would be willing to be our guide while we're there.  I have done a great deal of research and I think I'm ready for the next step..
visiting Ecuador....would love to see some of the cities, and what daily life looks like  up close and personal.  If any one can  help me please don't hesitate to contact me.  If this service does not exist it would be a great littel business for some expat to start, I think there are going to be many more of us from the US that will seriously be considering moving to Ecuador and they'll be just as scared, anxious and excited as my husband and i are right now.....

To attract the attention of the cognoscenti who know all/tell much about Expats offering services of this and other kinds in Cuenca, consider posting at Expat.com's Unofficial web page of the greater Cuenca expat community.

To navigate over to that wondrous venue, just type Cuenca Expat community into the Search Expat.com box that typically appears at the top of this page, and then click on the search icon to the right of the box.  At the ensuing page, click on Results for Cuenca here.

cccmedia in Quito