Where to live? Considering Ajman

Hey Everyone. I'm starting a new job with Adveti in Ajman and UAQ and was wondering what the best areas are to live in Ajman? I have a 16 year old son so it needs to somewhere safe. Where do Expat families, from the UK choose to live in Ajman? Also if anyone's interested in being friends, that'll be nice too...

Hello Babzi and welcome to Expat.com  :)

When are you planning to move to Ajman ?

I wish you all the best in your project.

Bhavna

Hi There Moving in August. Yes I am considering Ajman. :) are u?

Planning to move to Ajman in Jan 2018.

1.Please tell me tips for getting good accommodation.

2. Also please enlighten me about the cost of living in Ajman.

3. I have two small kids. So planning to hire a maid. Where to search for maids and what's the procedure to hire a maid.

4. What about the schools in Ajman?

Sorry for asking so many questions..
Thanks in advance..

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads here please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

In Ajman, try renting a house directly with the owner. This would save recurring real estate agent commission which they charge every year or they otherwise, would notify to vacate. So you land up paying extra commission every year which amounts to approx 2500 for a 2 Bed room Hall flat. Also go for Chiller Free towers a this would reduce your electricity bill considerably.

Good locations would be - Horizon Tower, Corniche Towers, Ajman One towers , Nuaimiya Tower. Some options are also in Al Jurf which is a university area and near to City Center. A spacious, 2 BR Hall apartment (1200 - 1700 sq. feet area) with parking would cost around 40000 AED annually subject to your negotiation skills!!

Monthly household expenses for a decent living with 2 school going kids would be around  3-3.5K AED per month. This excludes house rent, school fees, maid, car maintenance, and major shopping expenses.

A lot of good Schools option are available in neighboring Sharjah with transport facilities. Both CBSE / Cambridge etc curriculum options available. Coupe of good Indian schools are not too far like ASPAM, Delhi Private School (Ajman and Sharjah), etc.