To convert UAE driving License to Oman

Hi, I am a Pakistani, moving from uae to muscat, oman. 2 questions, need help pls.

1. I assume auto driving license can be converted to auto?

2. Do i get to keep UAE license, as i have to go back to uae next week to sell my 2 cars.

Any and all help from fresh similar experience/cases of 2014/15 would be a great help.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post personal contact details here for your own security

Hi asifhash,

Find my comments against your questions below :

1. I assume auto driving license can be converted to auto? - Yes.

2. Do i get to keep UAE license, as i have to go back to uae next week to sell my 2 cars. - No.

Dear Sumitran,

Are you sure that we can get Automatic Omani License if we have Automatic UAE Driving License?

Because my 2 colleagues has been rejected recently by ROP to exchange license.

I hold valid Automatic UAE driving license and I haven't tried to ask ROP yet. I came here 3 months ago.

Now I'm looking forward to exchange my license, any suggestion? or if you please share any authentic source ?

Thanks

ammad12 wrote:

Dear Sumitran,

Are you sure that we can get Automatic Omani License if we have Automatic UAE Driving License?

Because my 2 colleagues has been rejected recently by ROP to exchange license.

I hold valid Automatic UAE driving license and I haven't tried to ask ROP yet. I came here 3 months ago.

Now I'm looking forward to exchange my license, any suggestion? or if you please share any authentic source ?

Thanks

Hi ammad12,

One that that is for sure in the Sultanate is that the rules and regulations keep changing ever so often. Whenever one approaches the government authorities, what is required today, may not be required tomorrow. Or what is not required yesterday, may be required today. That is why I often say that the company PRO is the best person to get the latest updates, since he is the only one who gets to interact directly with the authorities.

Regarding the licence swap, if two of your colleagues have been rejected, then in all likelihood yours too would face the same fate. However, there is every likelihood that your might be accepted for the change ! The only sure way of finding out about it is to go personally to the ROP headquarters and give it a shot. Suggest, you take your PRO with you, as he would be able to at least speak with the authorities, and the authorities would give him an ear - but certainly not the expatriate.

Thanks for your detailed answer. I'll try to go ROP HQ

hi
I moved from Dubai to Muscat 2 months back..last week i checked with ROP.. automatic license cannot be changed only the manual can be changed..

which car do u have to sell in dubai. give me the car details...

I have Qatari manual driving license issued on 08/01/2015(7 months before from today) is it possible to change to Oman driving license without any road test.feedback highly appreciated

is it possible to change UAE automatic license to Oman without any test